Acronis and Dell

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by iancon, May 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iancon

iancon Registered Member

I have tried to make an Acronis True Image Backup on my Dell PC, and am getting an error message that I asume is related to the Dell Recovery section on my C: DRIVE.
    Can anyone suggest how I can overcome this problem and make a backup of my C:Drive

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

Make the bootable rescue CD and do the Backup from it. Backup the entire drive, including the Dell Recovery part. What version and build of True Image are you using?

3. twl845

twl845 Registered Member

I have a Dell 4600. I create a bootable rescue CD, and create an image of my C drive on an external drive.

4. iancon

iancon Registered Member

Thanks for your replies. As I understand what you are saying is that as I started Acronis version 9.1 from my C: drive where I have it installed, I should make a Bootable Rescue Disc and then shut down my PC and let the Boobable Rescue Disc start up on its own and then create the backup of my C: Drive to a removable Drive using the Bootable CD
    I hope that I have this correct.
    Please let me know
    Regards
    sam2539

5. tuttle

tuttle Guest

Image the entire drive, not just the C partition.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello iancon,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Workstation Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

Please make sure you use the latest build of the respective version of Acronis True Image. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

If the latest build doesn't solve the problem, could you please clarify the exact text of the error message?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.