Acronis Agent cannot start the service.

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by weiyann83, Aug 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weiyann83

weiyann83 Registered Member

Hi all,

i found out a problem with Acronis agent, if the Particular PC installed novell client, the acronis agent cannot start the service, and the windows show the agent core have problem.

In event viewer showing:
    1. Event ID: 7009, Source: Service Control Manager, Type: Error
    Timeout (30000 milliseconds) waiting for the Acronis Remote Agent service to connect.

2. Event ID: 7000, Source: Service Control Manager, Type: Error
    The Acronis Remote Agent service failed to start due to the following error:
    The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

After i remove the novell client and the acronis agent work perfectly, but i would like use novell client and also acronis agent, is that any idea to solve this problem?

Thanks

Regards,
    STEVEN LEE

Last edited: Aug 6, 2006
  2. VolkerNadolski

VolkerNadolski Registered Member

Hi,

I don't have a Novell-Environment to test it, but will the service run if you set the startup of the service to manual and then start it after you login..?

Volker

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Steven,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Remote Server Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

First of all, please make sure that you use the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows which is available for downloading in the Product Updates section of your account at Acronis web site.

You can find the full version name and build number by going to Help -> About... menu in the main program window.

To get access to updates you should create an account then log in and use your serial number to register the software.

Please uninstall any previously installed build by following Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Programs -> Acronis True Image, prior to installing build 3718.

Note that you should update all components including Acronis Agents, Acronis Management Console, Acronis Backup Server, etc. It is obligatory for all components to be of the same build in order to interact correctly.

You should also create new Bootable Rescue CD after installing the update.

If the problem persists with the latest build (371:cool: of Acronis True Image 9.1 Enterprise Server for Windows then please provide us with the following information:

- What exact version and build number of Novell client do you use?

- Create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post for the computer having the issue;

- Provide Windows event log showing the errors mentioned above.

Then please submit a request for technical support with the subject indicating that you want to contact Alexey Popov. Provide the files and information collected in your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. I'll forward this information to our Quality Assurance Team and they will certainly try to find out the cause of this problem.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. weiyann83

weiyann83 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.