Acronis 9 Restore Manager not working

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by tashacat, Mar 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tashacat

tashacat Registered Member

When I boot up my computer and press F11 it boots into the Acronis Restre Manager. A message pops up that says (Loading Please Wait...
    ieee1394 ConfigROM quadlet transaction error for node 0-00:1023)

A new menu comes up. What is my problem?
    Thanks

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tashacat,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/support/updates/

To get access to updates you should create an account at:
    http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/my/
    then log in and use your serial number to register your software.

If the error message still persists with the latest build, could you please clarify what "A new menu" means?
    Please describe the problem in more detail.

Please create the bootable rescue media with the latest build, boot your computer from it and see whether the problem still persists.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

3. tashacat

When I boot up my computer and press F11 it boots into the Acronis Restore Manager. A message shows up on the screen that says (Loading Please Wait... ieee1394 ConfigROM quadlet transaction error for node 0-00:1023

After a minute or so The Acronis program starts up.
    What do I do to get the partitioned Full Restore to work?

I made a Restore Disk and I think it works.
    I have a choice to choose the partitioned start up, Safe Mode or Continue to Open Windows. I chose Continue to Open Windows and it started up okay.

Any Suggestions?

4. Acronis Support

Hello tashacat,

Could you please boot your computer with Acronis Startup Recovery Manager (press F11 key)? Please press F11 key once again when the selection screen appeares. After you get the "Linux Kernel Settings" prompt, please remove the word "quiet", click on the "OK" button and wait for # prompt to appear. Please insert a diskette into a floppy disk drive and issue the following commands:

cd tmp
    mkdir mntdir
    mount /devfs/floppy/0 mntdir
    sysinfo > mntdir/sysinfo.txt
    umount mntdir

Collect the sysinfo.txt file from the diskette.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach the collected information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Kirill Omelchenko

5. tashacat

After I clicked F11 and deleted Quiet in the Unix box, hundreds of files appeared this time.

The last two lines were as appears in the following:
    BusyBox v0.60.5 (2005.11.10-14:06+0000) Built-in shell (lash)
    Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

I do not know how to copy the files that you gave to me to the floppy.
    I attempted to at the end of the above message and when I attempted to type them after I typed cd tmp, enter, I got

cd tmp
    #tmp cd tmp
    #tmp mkdir mndit
    #tmp mount/devfs/floppy/0 mndir
    #tmp mount/devfs/floppy/0 mndir/error

I then typed exit and the Acronis program appeared.
    Where do I go from here.
    Thanks

6. Acronis Support

Hello tashacat,

It appears to me that things became a little entangled and therefore need to be clarified.

As far as I can understand, the problem is that you receive the above mentioned message while booting into the "Full" mode of the Linux based Acronis Rescue Environment (when using Acronis Startup Recovery Manager or Bootable Rescue CD). Moreover, regardless of this message you are actually able to boot into "Full" mode and use the program.

If that's the case and you do not encounter any problems while using the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 in the "Full" mode of Acronis Rescue Environment then you can safely ignore this message.

If my assumption is not correct or you do encounter some problems while trying to use the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0 in the "Full" mode of Acronis Rescue Environment then please describe the issue in more detail.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. tashacat

I originallY opened Acronis True Image 9.0 . (92337)
    I clicked Backup and selected c: I think it set up the partition and copied evrything on my c: drive. It setup a partition of 38GB my c: drive portion took 27GB. I assumed all was finished.

I re-booted my computer and After I clicked F11 and a Linux window appeared with the word Quiet in it. I deleted Quiet in the Linux box and clicked OK, hundreds of files appeared this time. A lot of them had hub and usb at the beginning of each fline.

The last two lines were as appears in the following:

I typed EXIT and the Acronis program came up. Not knowing what to do I closed the program and the computer restarted.

8. Acronis Support

Hello tashacat,

Could you please clarify what the issue is originally?

Are you able to boot into "Full" mode of Acronis Rescue Environment using Bootable Rescue CD created with the latest build (2337) of Acronis True Image 9.0?

Do you encounter any problems while using the program in the "Full" mode of Acronis Rescue Environment?

Can you confirm or deny the assumption I made in my previous post?

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

9. tashacat

Okay from the beginning.........
    I boot my computer and hold down the F11 key.
    It says Loading Please wait..ieee1394 ConfigROM quadlet transaction error for node 0-00:1023
    Nothing happens about a minute later Acronis True Image appears, I close it ande the computer restarts.

I click F11 again and the Linux window appears and I close it. I have a choice to select Continue Windows or Acronis Full Image. I click Acronis Full Image and many files appear. At the bottom of the files is a message that says

I typed EXIT and the Acronis program came up. Not knowing what to do I closed the program and the computer restarted.

What do I do next?
    If I close the AFI program the computer restarts again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.