Acronis 9 Backup Problem

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by grmoore, Feb 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. grmoore

grmoore Registered Member

Program seems great, however when I try and save a backup of a partion D on my LG liteon 16 speed DVD burner using Verbatum 16 speed DVD discs, it will not do it, says that function is not available. I have Nero burning software with INCD DVD burning and formating program installed. It burns just fine with every other program. Any help would be much appreciated. I sent email to Acronis tech support ,but no reply yet. Gary Moore. Also have latest update to program installed.

2. Ozmaniac

Ozmaniac Registered Member

Have you read this Acronis FAQ? And this thread? And this one by the legendary Menorcaman. In addition to the methods detailed in the posts, take particular note of Menorcaman's suggestion that you only burn at about half of your burner's rated speed. If your DVDs are 16x minimum as some are, you may need to use slower ones.:cool:

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello grmoore,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Could you please let me know your Acronis request # (e.g. [Acronis #123456]) which was sent to you in autoreply to your letter, so I can track the correspondence? If you have not received an autoreply then please send me a Private Message containing your e-mail address.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

4. grmoore

thannks for the complicated answer, however, the program will not even go to the DVD burner, it saysF:\ is not accessible, incorrect function! it will not even attempt to open it. Gary Moore. If it keeps this up, I will go back to
    Ghost!

5. thomasjk

thomasjk Registered Member

To burn directly to DVD you have to first format the DVD using INCD. Then you can burn it from TI.

6. Acronis Support

Hello Gary,

Please be aware that, as thomasjk has already mentioned above, the current version of Acronis True Image doesn’t write to DVD directly, instead it utilizes third party UDF packet DVD writing software.

You can find more information on how to write your images to DVD in this FAQ article.

The ability to write images to DVD directly will certainly be implemented in the future builds\versions of a particular product, but exact time frame is not decided yet.

In case you have the appropriate UDF packet DVD writing software installed and all of your DVDs are properly formatted according to the above mentioned FAQ article, but you still can not write your images to DVD, please provide us with the following information:

- Create Acronis Report and Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post;

- Reproduce the problem and collect Acronis True Image 9.0 log which can be saved from Tools -> Show Log -> Diskette icon;

- Make a screen shot or provide the exact text of the error message you have received;

- When exactly have you received this error message?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

7. grmoore

Thanks for the help, however I am not trying to burn to DVD-RW discs but DVD+R's. I was not aware you had to format them. My other backup program writes to them without formating them. Acronis site advertises that it works with Cd and DVD burners, if it does not, then they shound not be saying that it does. I tried formating a DVD+R disc with Ahead INCD, but it would not do it, doesn't even show a option for it. Gary

8. Acronis Support

Hello Gary,

Please note that the need to have a third-party UDF packet DVD writing software installed in order to be able to write images to DVD directly is clearly indicated at the Acronis True Image 9.0 System Requirements page.

Could you please provide us with the following information?

- Clarify what you mean exactly when saying that Acronis True Image 9.0 "doesn't even show a option for it";

- Make a screen shot of the Create Backup wizard Backup Archive Location screen showing the drives available (see the example below);

- Let us know if you have received any error messages;

- Make a screen shots or provide the exact text of the error messages you have received;

- When exactly have you received these error messages?

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

Please also do the following:

- Start command prompt (Start -> Run -> cmd);

- Go to \Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\CDRecord folder;

- Run "cdrecord –scanbus > scanbus.txt" command and collect the scanbus.txt file created.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the information about your purchase of Acronis software (order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.) and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.