Acronis 9.0 Home and IOMEGA REV 35 GB

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Stefan28, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stefan28

Stefan28 Registered Member

Product name: Acronis TrueImage Home Version 9.0 (Build 3.641)
    Version of operating system: Windows XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 2
    Hardware: Iomega® REV-Drive 35 GB (removable hard disk)

Hello TrueImage Users,

I am using the REV-drive by Iomega (see at
    http://www.iomega-europe.com/home?p=4735). This is a removable hard disk (USB). However, Windows XP detect this device as a DVD/CD-ROM-drive, although the file system was stated as REV UDF (in the device manager). Therefore, the type of hardware device was not correctly detected. An appropriate driver for the REV-drive was not available at the Iomaga website.

My questions:
    Acronis TrueImage show a message that a definite amount of CDs or DVDs are necessary for producing backups. In addition, TrueImage store a corresponding amount of archives on the removable hard disk. The capacity of the archives corresponds to the capacity of a CD and DVD respectively. Although the division of the archive was set to 35 GB, TrueImage ignore this option. Why do I receive messages concerning CDs or DVDs when I carry out a backup on the REV-drive??
    Is it possible that TrueImage save the complete data on the REV-drive without partition off the archives (differential backup)??

I guess that the Acronis TrueImage Software detect the Iomega®
    REV-drive a a DVD/CD-recorder in accordance with the operating system. Therefore, it show the messages concerning CDs and DVDs. If I disable the option for a message to change the medium, the software still generate the division of the archive.

Is there any Acronis TrueImage Version which support the Iomega® REV-drive or how does the current version support this USB-device?

I'd be very pleased if somebody could advise me. E-mails to the official support of Acronis were not answered so far.

Best regards to all TrueImage fans,

Stefan

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Stefan28,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Please note that when Acronis True Image runs in Windows mode it uses Windows drivers to operate with the devices. Therefore, if Windows recognize your Iomega REV drive as a DVD/CD-ROM drive then this device will be present in Acronis True Image as a DVD/CD-ROM drive. However, please note that Acronis True Image uses its own CD/DVD recording module to write the image archives to CD/DVD discs and most probably you will not be able to store the archive to the Iomega REV drive if it is recognize as a DVD/CD-ROM drive. Therefore, I would recommend that you download and install the correct drivers for the device.

Please also note that generally the Iomega drives is detected as an additional CD/DVD drive when using standalone version of Acronis True Image (booted from Bootable CD) and is available only for reading access. Therefore, one can only restore an image archive located on the Iomega drive, but not save it there when booted from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

3. Stefan28

Stefan28 Registered Member

Dear Aleksandr Isakov,

thank you for your nice and competent answer. I'll try to contact IOMEGA to solve the problem with the incorrect (windows) driver.

Sincerely,

Stefan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.