Acronis 8 and True Crypt volume

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by junkone, Feb 13, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. junkone

junkone Registered Member

i use Acronis 8 to backup my laptop daily to a usb drive. did not feel a need to upgrade as it was doing its job well.
    now i want to install true crypt on the usb drive to make it secure. if i backup daily using the Acronis8 from within xp on the encrupted usb drive. if i want to restore the image using the restore cd, can the restore cd read the encripted drive?

2. simplequestion

simplequestion Registered Member

The linux restore CD won't be able to do it, unless you unencrypt it elsewhere, but you could put truecrypt on a bartpe disk, along with TI, and read the backup

3. junkone

junkone Registered Member

what is a bartpe disk

4. simplequestion

simplequestion Registered Member

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello junkone,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I would recommend you create BartPE bootable disc using Acronis BartPE plug-in, you can download plugin from your account. If some drivers are not recognized by Acronis True Image you may use BartPE bootable disc. It is possible to add any storage drivers at startup in the same manner as when installing Windows on the hard drive (by pressing F6 and inserting diskette with drivers).

To create BartPE bootable disc with the Acronis True Image plug-in you should download PE builder from the following link

See also this article “Creating BartPE Media with Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0”, use this link.

For additional information about BartPE, please click the following link

You can also download free trial version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 and check it encryption functionality. The program allows you encrypt backup archive.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.