Acronis 2009 Recovery Manager Problems

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Helgatwo, Aug 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Helgatwo

Helgatwo Registered Member

Hi, I installed the Recovery Manager and then I uninstalled him. I have 2 HDD (500 GB each). When I uninstalled the Recovery Manager from the second HDD, I clicked in the Wizard to delete the Security Zone. However, when I look at the HDD, I now have unallocated space. I have tried to extend the drive, but it does not work. What should I do (my HDD now comes up as 289 GB plus the unallocated space). As I have Vista, maybe it has something to do with the User Control, but I am an Administrator. Thanks for any help. Helgatwo

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

What version and build number of True Image are you using?

When you deleted the SZ, there should have been a message asking what you want to do with the space, and you would then choose to add to the drive. So you will now have to recreate an SZ, then delete it and look carefully for that message.

Use the bootable Rescue Media CD to do it.

3. Helgatwo

Hi, thanks for your answer, but I am not sure how to recreate a SZ. I am using Acronis 2009. I deleted Acronis from my system , because I read under help that then the SZ can be deleted. I also do not want the SZ distributed to other drives. I have two HDD. I do not want anything to be distributed to the first one. My second HDD is virtually empty (I ran a Windows backup, which I can delete easily) and it now has the unallocated space on it. Is there no way to incorporate this space back into the HDD (extending the HDD does not work, everything is greyed out). I also formatted it. I do not really know a lot about computers, so can you please help me with the above. Helgatwo

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Helgatwo,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

You can do the following in order to get the space back:

- Create Acronis Secure Zone again using the unallocated space
    - Remove Acronis Secure Zone by means of the Manage Acronis Secure Zone wizard, adding the space to a partition you want, the program will provide you with this opportunity.

You can also use any partitioning program (for example, Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 ) to create or enlarge a partition using the unallocated space.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

5. Helgatwo

Hi Oleg, thanks for you reply. I also posted the question on a Vista Forum and I found out that I can go to Disk Management in Vista and click on the drive (in my case H). I then rightclicked and made the space that was allocated also unallocated. When the whole drive was unallocated, I right clicked and turned the whole drive back into a Simple Basic Drive. I then formatted it and everything now works as before. I was actually told to use the command: *diskmgmt.m*sc, but this did not work in my case. I am just adding it, in case somebody hasn't got Vista and would like to follow the procedure. Helgatwo

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.