Acronis 2009 Partition error "Run list corrupted"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by WellWell, Apr 24, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WellWell

WellWell Registered Member

Please read down this list before responding. I want to leave it up in case others have similar problems, and in case we solve it.

------------------

Acronis 2009 Partition error "Run list corrupted"

I get this when trying to restore from the boot disk or from an external source in Windows. The partition is fine. The backup image verifies as good.

I restored an old backup to the same drive using Macrium Reflect with no errors.

What is going on here?

Edit: Today I booted from an external drive running Vista 64, and ran TI 2009 again from that disk, in order to try to re image my main RAID 0 Disks, just like last night, which was giving me the above error. I have to admit, this is strange. So today I did not get the errors and at this moment, 2009 is restoring. I have no idea if it will finish, but it is running. In fairness to TI 2009 I will post back with results.

The reason I'm having to reimage is that my VIsta load somehow got that dreaded checkdisk bug and rewrote the entire disk C: partition security indexes. MS said let it run, which was the only cure, but afterward the primary wouldn't boot. Real pisser. I have no idea why that happened.

Edit:

It finished with no errors but I'm getting the BOOTMGR is missing. I'm assuming this is because I did not restore the MBR. I'll try that now.

Edit:

Same problem, BOOTMGR is missing. This is on a RAID 0 system. Anyone have any ideas before I start a long and arduous manual reload?

EDIT:

OK I rebuilt my RAID array and then booted with Acronis 2009, reimaged, and it booted. Vista wanted to load drivers and then I got a message that it had loaded generic drivers for such and such and RAID. A "restart was necessary." I restarted and got that stupid checkdisk error again wanting to do it's thing. I didn't let it because the last time it took over an hour and then the system wouldn't even boot. This was with the latest backup image I made after uninstalling TI11 and Installing TI 2009. So this is a TI 2009 image.

So I found an older image created with TI 11. Once again booted with the TI 2009 disk and then reimaged using the TI 11 backup. Same thing, requiring a restart, but this time after the restart, things seem ok.

Can anyone shine any light on this? Did I get a bad image of some sort with TI 2009 (Not that it's 2009's fault)? I'm thinking whatever happened that causes Vista to want to do a boot checkdisk must have happened before I shut down and on the same day I made a backup suing 2009?

EDIT FINAL:

I reimaged from the 2009 boot disk using a 2 day prior image from the image that would boot, then go into its disk check sequence. The slightly older image, also created with 2009, loaded and then wanted to reboot. After reboot Vista is running fine again so far.

At this juncture, I think perhaps something happened to my system just before creating the new image. That problem got transferred to the image. Both the problem image and the older healthy image were created in Vista, not from the boot disk.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  2. HTCStuey

HTCStuey Registered Member

I am also getting a "Run List Corrupted" error but when trying to CREATE backups...

3. HTCStuey

HTCStuey Registered Member

I'm not sure if this will help you although it will possibly help anyone with the same problem as me that comes across this thread like I did!

I had the Run List Corrupted error and couldn't make any ad hoc back ups which I wanted to do before I attempted to reinstall a few things, no matter what I tried it came up with an error, and it had failed the second entire drive backup a week ago (last Sunday, set up to run weekly two weeks ago, when I installed ATI2009) although at the time I just thought it was because something must have disrupted it.

This has got me rather worried not being able to make any backups of XP and thinking I might have to reinstall which would be a royal pain as I only have Compaq disks which wipe the drive resulting in me having to reinstall Vista etc as well as XP (assuming that the backup wouldn't let me take an image of that either).

I tried the check disk (partition) in ADD10 on Windows XP and it wouldn't run because Windows was running, so I switched into Windows Vista and ran the check disk on the XP partition from the ADD10 there, which seems to have corrected the errors, as the backup kicked in earlier and I got a success message!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.