Acronis 2009 home

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by johnr, Apr 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnr

johnr Registered Member

I just need a little advice re Acronis 2009 Home. I have backed up my disk to a external HDD. As long as I leave the external drive connected the Acronis protection state says that I am protected, but if after disconecting the drive and then rebooting my PC the Acronis protection says that I am unprotected. Then even when the external drive is reconnected and the PC is rebooted it still says the I am unprotected. I can find the backup on E by using the Acronis browse button so I think it must be OK and I can probably ignore the warning. I see no point in doing a backup to the secure zone as all may be lost if the HDD fails completely. I have used a PC for years without a back up strategy but after a minor glitch recently decided that I have pushed my luck far enough and got Acronis which I am still getting to grips with. One other thing - does one click protection give an image of the entire disk?
    Thanks to anyone who can give a little advise.
    John

2. Ade 1

Ade 1 Registered Member

I've always backed up to an external hdd which is connected all the time so haven't experienced the 'not protected' issue that you have. But even so, if the backup is still on your external hdd then it should be ok.

I believe the one-click protection will backup your entire system drive (usually c:) so if you have a hard drive failure you can restore the image to a new hdd and everything should be as it was before the failure. Once you've run one-click and providing you left the default setting of incremental in the backup type then you can run that job whenever you want (or schedule it) and it will just backup files that have changed or are new compared to the main image created. I make a point of doing this once a week.

Hope this helps.

3. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

Having the USB drive disconnected is actually better protection since it isn't running all the time and can't be affected by viruses or problems on the PC. Unfortunately, TI isn't smart enough to know that.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello all,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

johnr,

The Acronis One-Click Protection tool performs only full backups of the system volume and appears to be an ordinary backup operation with default settings. If you are able to manage a backup operation by yourself, you can ignore this option at all.

This is well-known issue, the appropriate task has been created, the fix will be available in the next build of the program.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.