Acronis 11 Saying I have no backup

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Tigerlion, Mar 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigerlion

Tigerlion Registered Member

Hi, my first post here as I recently bought TI 11 and backed up 'my computer'
    to an external hard drive but when I open Acronis it's saying I have no backups. The backup operation was completed successfully and afterwards validated successfully. I thought maybe I had done something wrong so uninstalled and reinstalled Acronis but getting the same result.

Here's a pic of Acronis when I open it ..........

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/lion8tiger/Warning.jpg

Here's a pic of the contents of the backup, which says created at 15.27 when it was actually created at 14.27 ??

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u231/lion8tiger/Backupcontents.jpg

Any help greatly appreciated :doubt:

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Ignore it. That alert doesn't detect any manually invoked backups but only detects whether a scheduled backup has not run from a schedule. Unfortunately, you have to open the program to see that alert, which is preesumably what you're trying to avoid by having your backups run on schedule. So, it's kind of whacko any way you look at it. Just ignore it and hope saner designers prevail with future builds. It is a relatively innocuous oddity.

3. Tigerlion

Thanks shieber, that's put my mind at rest (for the time being), any idea why the backup has the time created as one hour later than it was ie. 15.27 instead of 14.27 ??
    Thanks again :)

4. Tigerlion

5. shieber

shieber Registered Member

The one-hour-off is just a bug in the way ATI misshandles date/time when it names files. As you and I and in fact anyone who can tell time can tell, it's an error in the programming that hasn't been fixed yet. Since it's relatively innnocuous and buried way down deep in some of the fundamental code, it's probably not high on the list for ATI11 fixes.

Congrats on getting your alert to turn green. Of course, in about the same time it took to open up ATI and see the banner, yhou could have just run a task manually or, wishing to avoid that, not openedup ATI at all, which is the ultimate in automated backup mangement but he antithesis of that banner's function.

But it's clear you're getting the hang of ATI.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Tigerlion and shieber,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Backup software,

Please note Acronis Development Team is already aware of the issue which is related to the time shift between real time when the backup was created and the time you can see in log. Please be sure our Developers are doing their best to fix the issue and the solution will be found.

We recommend you to subscribe to the new builds and upgrades notification letters to be sure you will know about new updates and upgrades as soon as they are released. You can do this in the following way:

- Please go to your Home Page at Acronis web site;
    - Go to "Subscription" page in the right part of the screen;
    - Mark "Notify me about critical updates for my registered products" and "Notify me about upgrades for my products" checkboxes.

Thank you
    --
    Nikita Sakharov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.