Acronis 10+ Issues and Recommendations

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Photonboy, Nov 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Photonboy

Photonboy Registered Member

I've used Acronis True Image Home 8, 9 and 10. I'm very happy with how the product has developed however there are a few things that could be fixed or improved:

1. The predicted size is NEVER accurate. It is always high so I have to burn to my hard drive first to see if it will fit my DVD. For example, it said 5.3GB and it was 3.4GB. This has been an issue in every version of Acronis TI regardless of the amount of Compression used.

2. Restoring on multiple discs requires too many disc swaps. I had only two discs yet I had to eject and insert at least 5 times. I should only have to insert the first disc, then the second disc when prompted.

Also, BACKING UP to only one disc still ejects the disc during installation. This is not a huge problem but it is unnecessary. I should be able to start the process and have the disc completed with no interaction. It also ejects a second time prior to Verification for no good reason.

3. The ability to burn to DVD could be made clearer. Yes, you simply click the drive to burn to and it works, but many people are still hunting for an icon to "burn to Disc." Perhaps a "Burn to DVD" icon could be added along with a dropdown menu to choose the drive of choice like Nero offers in Nero Burning ROM.

Also, the ability to create the Image DVD with the bootable Acronis True Image is a little confusing. You have to check this in the options first. I think the current settings should be the same but perhaps the "Burn to DVD" icon could bring up a Wizard which allows all the options to be modified.

If the size could be accurately guessed, then the DVD Wizard could tell you how many discs to get ready and what to label them (including which one is inserted on RESTORE).

4. Restoring issue. The wording is confusing when it comes to resizing the C-drive. It should be made more clear that the C-drive size will NOT change.

*Once you know what you are doing it's hard to understand why others don't get it. Correcting these issues should make for a much better product. When I try to help others with this program I end up writing end the exact steps to take, however if they had a DVD Wizard with each step spelled out very clearly they would have a much easier time using this product.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.