Acronis 10 is such a let down...

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jonsy123, Jan 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

I agree schieber. I believe that the minimum one must do to have any confidence of being able to restore, is to validate from both Windows and the rescue environment - at least once and every time there is a change in hardware. If these steps are skipped it seems pointless even doing a backup in the first place.

F.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Schieber, you have described my position on recommending TI as well. Previously, when I used Drive Image 2002, I would recommend DI to anybody and I knew that if they put it on a working system it would perform as intended - I would not say this about TI since it has too many recovery environment quirks.

I have had no problems with TI but I use it strictly for imaging and almost always full images.

If Acronis could do something about the Linux recovery environment driver issues and tighten up the QA on their initial builds of new releases, they would have a fantastic product.

Acronis also needs to provide better warnings (not in the pdf file which most people don't read until something goes wrong) in the Windows wizards about the need to do at least a test validation using the recovery CD. Most people don't know that you are not running the same "program" when you are restoring from CD or an active partition started from Windows.

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

It is quite astonishing that they don't emphasise this isn't it. I wonder how many users are running in a false sense of security, assuming that their system partition will restore just fine because it validates under Windows.

Ouch.

F.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.