Acrobat Pro 9 Extended - Can't Type In PDF

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by DasFox, Nov 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DasFox

DasFox Registered Member

I have a PDF that I'm trying to type in that a company sent me, and when I try to type on the keyboard it won't put any text in the PDF.

I checked the security on the PDF and there isn't anything and it shows everything is allowed.

Why won't Acrobat Pro 9 Extended let me type in the form?

THANKS

2. axial

axial Registered Member

It could be that the PDF isn't a really an Acrobat "form", in which there are specific areas called form fields that can have text entered into them.

Form fields need to be specifically created to be "active"; if they're not created or if the PDF was saved incorrectly afterward, the outline of a box might be shown but there might not be a form field defined for that box.

[added] With Acro9 Extended you could possibly add the form fields yourself, and then enter the text (either using the wizard or doing each field manually). However, the success of the wizard depends on how the PDF was created in the first place. Moreover, if the person/company who is receiving the form is intending to extract the data you've entered (e.g. to collect it in a database) then you would need to have their original, correct form in order for them to extract your info correctly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.