Acrobat Assistant.lnk

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by optigrab, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Hi all,

Can anyone help me understand why AMON regularly (every few seconds) scans Acrobat Assistant.lnk ?

I've done a pretty thorough job of excluding a lot of stuff (BoClean, SSM, etc.) so that when my machine is idle, AMON mostly bounces back and forth between system.ini and win.ini, and I've no problem with that. But why would AMON scan Acrobat Assistant.lnk repeatedly?

Acrobat Assistant.lnk is a shortcut for Acrotray.exe and it appears in my Startup Directory. Acrotray.exe runs in the background, presumably without interruption, but Acrobat Assistant.lnk is just a shortcut, so why would Amon scan it repeatedly?

Many thanks
    Optigrab

2. anders

anders Eset Staff Account

Some other program is accessing that file, causing AMON to scan it.

You could try using "Filemon" (http://www.sysinternals.com/), set it to filter on "*acrobat*", and see which program accesses it. Filemon might not be that easy to understand/use though.

Best regards,
    Anders

3. optigrab

optigrab Registered Member

Thanks Anders. What a great program & site. :)

Looks like BoClean and SSM scan acrotray.exe every few seconds. I've excluded acrotray.exe in Boclean, but not in SSM (no exclude feature unfortunately!)

Still haven't figured out why, though I'm now a bit more confident there's nothing to be concerned about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.