ACPI not able to locate RSDP

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by schaetzle, Jan 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schaetzle

schaetzle Registered Member

Hi,

I have an old version of True Image 6.
    I created the 5 floppy disks of the start up program outside windows.
    When the 5th floppy has finshed loading I got the following message:

ACPI not able to locate RSDP

The program starts however, but without mouse and without network support.
    Does anybody know what to do? I cannot even start to make a back up image.

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Are you trying to do this from within windows or via the bootcd?

Has this ever worked on your pc-- that's a really old version and isn't likely to work on much of the hardware available today.

3. schaetzle

Dear Shieber:

Please read my post carefully:

I created the 5 floppy disks of the start up program outside windows.
    I do not use a CD, I boot from the 5 floppy disks.
    True image 6 is old and I am using it in an old petium 1, 166 MHz,with win 98.

Thanks

4. shieber

shieber Registered Member

I sort of get that now that you've explained you were booting from the flops.

I'd copy try to copy the archive from the flops to a hdisk and try to open with ati 12 /2009.

Worst case, and most likely case if the flops are more than a couple years old is that you probably have a bad bit on one of the flops and that's enough to make a boot program, a flop bootstrap or an ATI backup archive unsuable.

5. schaetzle

Dear Shieber,

the diskettes are brand new and in perfect condition, they work perfectly in another pc I have (Pentium3, 600 MHz) with Win 98; and in that one I do not get the ugly message "ACPI: not able to locate RSDP".
    The problem is in the Pentium One,116 Mhz with Win 98.
    I am trying to be in the "True Image environment" (outside of windows) since in case of disaster I will have to boot from the diskettes and run the image of True Image from the network. After de ugly message I do not have mouse and of course I do not have access to the network. The case id different with the Pentium 3, where everything goes OK wth the same set of diskettes.
    Thank you.

6. schaetzle

After browsing alost all the strings of this forum, I could not find a single one who has my problem.
    In the menatime learned tha ACPI is a new standard which replaces the old standard APM. In the PC which is running the ATI 6 programm, the BIOS has no line related to the ACPI, however the message I receive is "theoretically" from the ACPI.
    It states ACPI: not able to locate RSDP; not able to locate system files.
    Where is the truth? Or I shall have to throw ATI to the garbage bin?

7. schaetzle

As I was not getting any solution to my problem I tried with Acronis True Image 8 on my Pentium 1 (one), 166 MHz. If somebody ask why I use Old Programs of Acronis, the answer is because the machine is also old and runs Windows 98.
    When I start the PC with the seven start diskettes of TI8 this time do not get any ugly message but,

a) The screen is not well shaped inside the monitor. I draw the conclusion that there is a problem with the Graphic Card, or the drivers of the Graphic card that the diskettes may have.

b) I have no mouse in the screen. Maybe there is also a prolem with the mouse Driver. The mouse is a serial one.

c) The program do not recognize the network I have. Maybe there is a problem with the driver of the Net Card as well.

What shall I do? TI9 supports Windows 98?
    I await answers with interest.

8. schaetzle

Is anyone going to post an answer?
    Where is the support from Acronis?

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schaetzle,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

The best way for you will be to find Acronis True Image 9.0 Home (though it also outdated version, but still better then Acronis True Image 6.0). You can try to find it from your local reseller using this link.

Acronis True Image 9.0 Home supports Windows 98 and Windows ME. The current version of Acronis True Image Home 2009 doesn’t support the above mentioned operating systems.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

10. schaetzle

Dear Mr Nikolaev,

I tried Acronis True Image 9, I created the 8 start diskettes and started the PC with them . After loading the acronis loader, the screen turned black with the cursor blinking and then the computer went on automatically to the normal start and landed on Windows 98 again.
    Do you have a suggestion?
    Thank you for your time.

11. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello schaetzle,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

I hope this computer has USB ports so you can create USB bootable flash. See the following article to create Acronis bootable flash drive.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.