Achilles'Shield?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zappa, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zappa

zappa Registered Member

If one of the security professionals could check this program out and give an opinion please. I read about in in another forum. It seems like a part AV/AT.

http://www.indefense.com/products/as/as.html

http://www.indefense.com/downloads/ASguide.pdf

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

From ther home page:

Nice, but in essence RegistryProt (freeware from the TDS guys) does the same. That being said: no protection against malware running at/below the Windows Stack...

regards.

paul

3. root

root Registered Member

Hi. I haven't tried that particular product, but I did beta test M@ildefense by Indefense and it is an excellent product.
    I seem to remember trying InDefense out a long time ago and was not impressed with the quality of thier products. I do believe they are improving.
    The problem is, with registry watchers, that they can drive you crazy, because on a typical machine, changes in the registry are not what I would call a rarity. I tried the one from TDS and took it off in less than a day.
    I now use RegRun Security suite, Gold, and it is great. It can be controlled to a bearable level and still give good backup protection. I would never consider a registry watcher as a first line of defense. Too anal retentive for me. :)
    There are three versions of RegRun at various price levels, and for some, I think, a good backup tool as well as an excellent startup control. I use it a lot.
    No, I don't work for them. :D

4. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

AFAIU it's more a sandbox than registry monitor and it is mentioned in some articles about sandboxes.

I had to disable NOD32 to use it and I preferred to keep using my AV instead of Achilles' Shield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.