Achilles'Shield?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by zappa, Aug 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zappa

zappa Registered Member

If one of the security professionals could check this program out and give an opinion please. I read about in in another forum. It seems like a part AV/AT.

http://www.indefense.com/products/as/as.html

http://www.indefense.com/downloads/ASguide.pdf

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

From ther home page:

Nice, but in essence RegistryProt (freeware from the TDS guys) does the same. That being said: no protection against malware running at/below the Windows Stack...

regards.

paul

3. root

root Registered Member

Hi. I haven't tried that particular product, but I did beta test M@ildefense by Indefense and it is an excellent product.
    I seem to remember trying InDefense out a long time ago and was not impressed with the quality of thier products. I do believe they are improving.
    The problem is, with registry watchers, that they can drive you crazy, because on a typical machine, changes in the registry are not what I would call a rarity. I tried the one from TDS and took it off in less than a day.
    I now use RegRun Security suite, Gold, and it is great. It can be controlled to a bearable level and still give good backup protection. I would never consider a registry watcher as a first line of defense. Too anal retentive for me. :)
    There are three versions of RegRun at various price levels, and for some, I think, a good backup tool as well as an excellent startup control. I use it a lot.
    No, I don't work for them. :D

4. diginsight

diginsight Security Expert

AFAIU it's more a sandbox than registry monitor and it is mentioned in some articles about sandboxes.

I had to disable NOD32 to use it and I preferred to keep using my AV instead of Achilles' Shield.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.