Ace Utilities 3.0 vs. jv16 PT 2005

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CogitoErgoSum, Dec 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CogitoErgoSum

CogitoErgoSum Registered Member

I am seriously considering the purchase of either Ace Utilities 3.0 or jv16 PT 2005. What are the strengths or weaknesses of either program? Which of the two has a faster, more accurate and more comprehensive registry scan engine? Which of the two has more frequent interim program updates? Which of the two is safer to use? Which of the two makes it easier to determine what registry keys/entries are safe to delete after a scan? Any comments or opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I use both!

Ace Utilities is very user friendly, done the job very well and quick...
    jv16 PT 2005, is more professional and also great...

They clean all my system very well to run very fast and stable...

3. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks VaMPiRiC CRoW for your input. Tentatively, at this point, I am leaning a little toward Ace because of the 20% discount offerred through www.dozleng.com.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

4. ErikAlbert

ErikAlbert Registered Member

I don't know anything in detail about both softwares, but if I would have to make a final choice, I would compare the features of both software thoroughly.

I would make a list of these features and two columns for both products and mark each existing feature.
    If both softwares have the same features, I would buy the cheapest one.
    If not, I would buy the one with the most features.

I would also keep that list to check improvements in later versions and use the same list to evaluate other similar products. I only need to add new columns and/or new features.
    I would also use that list to prove the differences between these softwares to other people.

More work indeed, but an objective method to compare the capabilities of each software. I prefer rather that method, than just looking at the software.
    It depends on how important the software is to you.

Of course this method doesn't prove the quality of each feature. You have to USE the software for that purpose and unfortunately it also requires knowledge to evaluate quality, which would be a problem for me, because I'm not really an expert in anything. :)

5. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have used both programs. Both are good at what they do. You won't go wrong, no matter which you select.

Ace & JV16 are basically identical in function. Ace is more configurable. Also it has an "Expert" mode & a non-expert mode, so it is *safe & effective to use* -- even when kids & neophytes get their paws on your keyboard. Plus Ace is smoking fast. Dollar for dollar, I recommend Ace.

6. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks ErikAlbert and bellgamin for your respective input.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I use Ace Utilities and I haven't had any trouble with the registry cleaner.
    There is a backup feature.The Junk file remover can send junk files to the recycle bin rather just deleting them.Those are two safety features that are there in case a user does need them.

8. crofttk

crofttk Registered Member

I've got NO experience or knowledge of Ace other than what I read above.

I just wanted to point out a couple of items:
    • jv16 offers either a "Normal" mode registry cleanup or an "Aggressive mode" registry cleanup. This is no doubt something different from the expert and non-expert modes of Ace described by bellgamin but I mention it because it does provide some flexibility in an area where things can go wrong
    • jv16 allows you to set in the program preferences that everything that is removed gets backed up first, including registry cleanups. You can go into preferences at any time and flush the backups from among five separate categories, substantially equivalent to a recycle bin with added flexibility.
    • I've probably done upwards of 50 reg cleanups (a "guesstimate") and had one MINOR problem on one cleanup which I was able to recover from flawlessly with a restore of that cleanup. (sorry, can't recall the specific problem)
    I'm not selling one over the other here, just trying to give benefit of what I know from using jv16.

9. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

Agreed, very easy to use and a job well done.
    Never had any problems with it. :)
    Don't forget that when you register you also get lifetime upgrades & support, so in fact it's almost given away. :cool:
    Never used that one, but I do have RegSupreme Pro. :p ;)

10. CogitoErgoSum

Thanks "the Tester", crofttk and Eldar for your respective input.

Peace & Love,

CogitoErgoSum

11. crofttk

Eh, Brabantse leeuw ! DAT is waar Nederlands echt komt !

12. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

No you silly, that's the Flemish Lion... :D

13. Eldar

Eldar Registered Member

http://www.graphicsplayground.us/Forum/style_emoticons/default/goodx.gif
    Although we speak Dutch (Nederlands) too. :D ;)

BTW CogitoErgoSum, the best way to determine what you like best, is to trial them both.
    It's what I always do to see what it can do and can't do and to determine whether it doesn't create havoc on my system. :cool:

Good luck with whatever you choose. ;)

14. crofttk

Well, not knowing how serious you are, I certainly know what that is for the record -- mijn vrouw is van Brugge ! My point was that, although Netherlanders are credited with speaking "proper" Dutch, in fact the Dutch language BEGAN in the Brabant area, i.e., that's where Dutch REALLY started, so it's really not meaningful to speak of such a thing as "proper" Dutch and only Netherlanders speaking it.:cool: http://www.ned.univie.ac.at/publicaties/taalgeschiedenis/en/

SORRY FOR THE OT DISCOURSE !:doubt:

Inderdaad, unity makes power.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2005
  15. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Uh-oh... an OT post.:eek:

Now you're REALLY in Dutch!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.