Accused for using illegal keyfile TrojanHunter: Read THIS!

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by CoNzisT0Z, Dec 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CoNzisT0Z

CoNzisT0Z Guest

Early today I downloaded the trial version of TrojanHunter 4.0 from trojanhunter.com.
    Installed the program, started it and initiated a scan of my C drive. Suddently a error pops up saying "Unknown Error".
    - Thats weird right?
    Well, thought that I could get some help in the trojanhunter forums, so I went there. After a couple of replies to my post the admin starts accusing me of using a pirated version of TH.
    - What is this?
    Well according to the admin "Magnus" the error I was getting "Unknown Error" ONLY happends when you're using an illegal keyfile. The problem here is that I WAS'NT using an illegal keyfile, in fact I wasn't using ANY keyfile at all since it was the trial version. I tried to explain the admin that my version was TRIAL and NOT some illegal keyfile version. But he just completely ignored it and accused me for using a pirated version.
    Now THAT is something that pisses me off! I explained to him, and even gave him some examples on other reasons why this error would occur, and now he has deleted my reply. I don't find that very proffesional! And certainly not a behavior from an Administrator!

Now you're all warned! I'm NOT writning this post because I wan't you on my side nor because I wan't you to see things from my perspective. I'm just warning everybody here! TrojanHunter is a very good product, don't get me wrong on that one. But man... i'm really pissed on that admin! I know that I won't use TH anymore. Judge yourself...
    Now when you've read the post, you decide what to do with tha information.
    Greetings to you all

Here's a link to the post http://forum.misec.net/board/TrojanHunter/1104236785

2. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

If you are telling us the truth then I guess you could always call or email the company & tell them of your experiences with the evil admin? I'd be mad too if I was accused of doing something I didn't do.

Software is never perfect, even trialware. I remember installing TuneUp Utilities 2004 trial to see what it was like, & after rebooting after install, the program told me my trial was up.

3. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

I would be mad too, but unfortunately for CoNzisT0Z....Magnus (Mischel) is also the creator/owner of Trojan Hunter.;)

4. Clowny

Clowny Registered Member

Oh, I didn't know that, Don. I don't really know much about TrojanHunter.

5. Primrose

Primrose Registered Member

6. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

CoNzisT0Z,

It is a policy here at Wilders to not interfere with the internal operations of other online forums. Hopefully you'll be able to figure out where your problem really lies....but this particular matter needs to be between you and Magnus.

Regards,

Bubba

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.