Accessing data in a TIB file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by itdweeb99, May 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. itdweeb99

itdweeb99 Registered Member

I image drives on a routine basis. I'm curious if there is any way to access the data in the image file (.TIB file)? The only way I know how to access it's data is to restore the TIB file on a hard drive. Is there any easier way to access this data? Thanks.

2. dld

dld Registered Member

You can mount the image you created. Once mounted, you can copy any individual file you choose.

3. itdweeb99

How exactly do I go about doing that?

4. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

On the main TI screen under Operations there is a Mount and Unmount command. In older versions in may be referred to as Plug.

Just click on it and follow the prompts. The image will be mounted as a drive and you can use Windows explorer to copy the desired files from it. You can even mount it as R/W and modify it. Note that the mods do not actually change that archive but are contained in an incremental backup associated with the original archive.

5. dld

dld Registered Member

With TI 9.0.3633 this is your main screen:

http://img471.imageshack.us/img471/5484/screenshot0053mt.jpg

Click on Mount Image. When you are done you can click on Unmount Image. In any case, on turning off your computer the image is automatically unmounted. In previous versions you chose to Unplug the image.

6. itdweeb99

I'm actually using Acronis Snap Deploy Management Console.

7. dld

dld Registered Member

I am not familiar with ASDMC. Reading through the Users Manual, I don't see any reference to Mounting an Image.

8. itdweeb99

Is TI a component that I can install or would I have to purchase it?

9. dld

dld Registered Member

True Image is not a component or an addon that you could install. You would have to purchase the program. Maybe Acronis could give you some kind of discount since really Mounting an Image is something that should be part of Snap Deploy.

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello itdweeb99,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please note that Acronis True Image is not a part of Acronis Snap Deploy so Mounting an image can't be done in Acronis Snap Deploy.

You can download Acronis True Image 9.0 trial version at http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/download/trueimage/ in order to check how the product works and mount your images which were created by Acronis Snap Deploy.

You can find the detailed information on how to use Acronis True Image 9.0 in the respective User's Guide.

Please visit Acronis online store to purchase the full version of the product.

Please also note that we have a flexible system of discounts and the amount of the discount varies depending on the number of copies you want to purchase.

In case you are planning to purchase many copies, please contact our Sales Team at sales@acronis.com.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.