Access to ecls.exe fails

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by elimelight, Nov 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elimelight

elimelight Registered Member

Hi,

I have run Ability Mail Server (AMS) from Code Crafters for 3+ years with AVG as the Antivirus Scanner, but as the number of email accounts and traffic has grown, performance has suffered. On the AMS bulletin boards, a lot of people are raving about the speed of NOD32, and I want to switch!

AMS is a 32-bit application, and I have set it up on a new build Windows 2008 Web Server 64-bit. I installed NOD32 64-bit Business, v3.0.672.0, as a trial, but ran out of time to test before the trial expired. I spoke to ESET technical today, and they say that everything will work fine - just the DB will be out of date.

My problem is that the 'Test Antivurus Scanner' function that AMS provides produces the error 'Access failed'. To me, this suggests a permissions problem with running ecls.exe, to which AMS passes:

/base-dir="C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus" /no-boots /arch /mail /sfx /rtp /adware /unsafe /unwanted /pattern /heur /adv-heur /action=none /no-quarantine "%s"

Is there something special that needs to happen for a 32-bit app. to be able to call a 64-bit app.? Does anyone have any theories?

Thanks for your help.

Steve

2. elimelight

elimelight Registered Member

Hi again,

Have been pursuing since the initial post, and re-installed the AMS software by running the instal as administrator, and then making sure the application runs as administrator.

Now all is well.

Hope this is useful to someone one day.

Steve

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.