access denied

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by carnoc, Apr 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carnoc

carnoc Registered Member

Hello,
    I made a image from one of my hard disks. Because it is not booting anymore.
    So I want to rescue some datas. I mounted the image.
    If I want to save the data from my account the access denied. With the admin account I have no problems. It is just my user account. I think it is because it is password protected. Is there any possibilty to get an access. I need my datas.
    regards
    carnoc

2. DwnNdrty

DwnNdrty Registered Member

You can boot the system with a BartPE cd which will give you a utility to use (called A43 ... ) which will let you bring up a Windows Explorer window. Use this just like Windows Explorer to get at the files on your hard drive.

3. bodgy

bodgy Registered Member

You could try the following if you use XP pro/corporate version.

Follow my instructions here.

I'm a little puzzled by your statement, about the admin account and your user account. If you can access the files with your admin account, why not copy them over - add your user logon permissions to the files and then relog on under your user name. The files should be accessible to you from then on.

Colin

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.