"Access Denied"

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rclee, Jan 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rclee

rclee Registered Member

I submitted the following question to Acronis Tech support yesterday, but I understand it can take up to a week to get a response. I don't have that kind of time to waste, so thought I would see if anyone here had any suggestions.

Purchased True Image 10 about a month ago, and have used Acronis to make backup image of my computer, but have not yet created bootable disk. Backed up to separate slave drive. Had complete failure of primary drive Monday. Installed new drive, installed Windows, and downloaded and re-installed Acronis True Image 10.
    Began restore process with first main backup file. Tried to restore to separate drive, so as not to disturb current new operating system install. Checked install only selected files or folders. Process completed with message that it was successful. Some minor folders restored OK. but my main Data Files folder will not allow access. Get the message "Access Denied"

Please help.
    Rick

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

3. rclee

rclee Registered Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try the 'take ownership' route tonight and let you know how that goes.

Thanks again.
    Rick

4. tuttle

tuttle Guest

How do you avoid the problem occurring in the first place? Isn't it a matter of telling TI not to preserve the ownership settings when imaging the drive?

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello tuttle,

Thank you for your interest in Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please notice that the main purpose of any backup software is preserving the data in the exact same state it was. Particularly, the ownership settings could well be set on purpose, and allowing Acronis True Image to reset them may lead to leaks of valuable confidential data.

If you want us to change the behavior of Acronis True Image in any way or add some new features to this product, please feel free to post any of your suggestions in Acronis True Image WISH-LIST thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.