Accelerated Software

Discussion in 'privacy problems' started by juca, Aug 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. juca

juca Registered Member

Hi,
    I installed iMesh yesterday and it installed too many sapyware programs with it. Then i removed it. When i rebooted, a software by this Accelerated Software Corporation was installed, with some antivirus files named RAV.
    I would like to know if someone knows anything about this Accelerated Software Corporation and if RAV has something with this spyware stuff, and finally why Spybot S&D and Ad-Aware didn't detected it?

Regards,
    Juca

2. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

Accelerated Software is something that shows up with certain other programs, web3000 and gator to name two. Ad-aware does remove it, unless you've gotten a new version of it.
    Are you using Adaware 5.83 with reffile 038-06.08.2002? If not, go update. http://www.lavasoft.nu/downloads.html

3. spy1

spy1 Registered Member

That would be 038-16.08.2002

4. juca

juca Registered Member

Yes, I have ad-aware with the latest reference file and it really missed Accelerated Software...

Now I already got rid of it. I went in dos mode and deleted the folders it created.

5. Mike_Healan

Mike_Healan Registered Member

LOL Pete. Thanks for keeping me straight. :D

Alright, Juca, I'll keep my eye on any other reports of it.

6. snapdragin

snapdragin Registered Member

hi Mike,

A friend of mine found the Acceleration Software International Corporation on his pc today, and showed 4 registry keys with it. The most recent update of Ad-Aware caught it, but the previous one hadn't. i had asked if they had d/l'ed anything new (this is a fairly new XP machine) and they had only d/l'ed KaZaa, which they deleted, although KaZaa was deleted through the Add/Remove utility. Nothing else was flagged on their pc except the Acceleration Software.

i told them to put it in the ignore of Ad-Aware until i could find out more about it, and if it was safe to delete it. i am thinking it had come with KaZaa and left behind when they deleted KaZaa....so i will suggest they make a backup just in case and delete the Accelerated thing.

just wanted to let you know that the most recent ref update for AA did catch this one.

snap

7. parkersxs

parkersxs Registered Member

There is supposed to be a neutered version of imesh out much like kazaa lite.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.