AC7 won't burn image????

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Razzputin, Dec 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Razzputin

Razzputin Registered Member

AC 7 fails to recognize my DVD burner. I gt a warning abut the RPC and 1772 fail to recognize. If I upgrade to AC 9 or 10 would it then recognize this DVD burner. I want to do a complete back of my "C" drive" complete witht the OS.

Attached Files:

2. Long View

Long View Registered Member

I have no idea what the error message means but ATI 7 is pretty old now. How only is you DVD writer. If it is newer than 7 that may explain why it is not being recognised.

why don't you download a trial of ATI 10 and see if it can recognize your DVD ?

3. Razzputin

Thanks for the info . I will give it a try. The burner is about 3 months old.

4. Alwill

Alwill Registered Member

5. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

Razzputin,

I had TI7 until one year ago when I upgraded to TI9 with the new computer. For disk/partition operations (I still use those only) it wasn't much behind the TI versions that followed, except that the drivers in the rescue environment might not work with the newest hardware.

Did you check if you have the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) on Automatic and started (or "running")? Go to Start>Run>services.msc to verify (and possibly modify) that. Then reboot and test the scheduled (?) function by invoking it from TI manually first.

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Razzputin,

That error message was more common with TI 7.0 and 8.0 and is usually caused by one or more of the Acronis scheduler services not kicking in (an imaging task utilizes TI's scheduler services, irrespective of whether you initiate the image manually or via TI's Task Scheduler). Therefore, whilst you are in Windows Services, check that the Acronis Scheduler2 Service is also set to Automatic and started.

If you find that both the Windows RPC and TI Scheduler2 services are already set to automatic (albeit Scheduler2.exe may not have started) then the next thing to try is to uninstall True Image and then re-install it. This usually straightens out the relevant Registry entries.

Regards

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  7. Razzputin

Thank you Alwill ,Menorcamanand bVolk. Iwill try these suggestions and re post. :D

EDIT: I went to msconfig and selected TI scheduler to run( it had been stopped) I also noticed I have 2 RPC listing one is running the other is stopped?? I will test this out and get back to you after dinner.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2006
  8. bVolk

bVolk Registered Member

On my system, the first is RPC (Running, Automatic) and the next is RPC Locator (Not Running, Manual).

I'm seeing this in the Starter program, the original Windows terms may be "Started" and "Stopped".

9. Razzputin

On my system, the first is RPC (Running, Automatic) and the next is RPC Locator (Not Running, Manual).
    Thanks for checking that out, same as mine I just checked. Now I just have to wait for the kids to stop downloading so I can check TI out.....

10. Razzputin

did the changes and tried again, still unable to burn to dvd. will end up buying 9 or 10. Thanks for all trhe replies.:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.