Abtrusion Protector

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by JacK, Nov 25, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacK

JacK Registered Member

Hello,

Abtrusion Protector Free for personal use

Info : http://www.abtrusion.com/

Nice App See info and d/l

Another approach to prevent untrusted apps and malware to run.
    Abtrusion Protector™ stops viruses and hacker tools on your computer. Only software that you have safely installed is allowed to start.

Attention ! A bit tricky : By default Abtrusion Protector
    Personal Edition automatically allows all digitally signed softwares !
    As nothing prevent a trojan or other malware developper to obtain a digitally signed certificate you ought to see in the advanced options "signed code" and thick the third case.

I performed a lot of tests for a few weeks and till now it was never
    bypass by any app (trojan, leak tests, even PCAudit, spyware).

Your PC MUST be perfectly clean when running the installer :
    It scans thoroughly yor HDDs and all installed programs and dll are
    allowed by default.

Rgds,

2. controler

controler Guest

Looks Good

BUT NOT FOR ALL OPERATING SYSTEMS>

Abtrusion Protector™ works on Windows NT 4.0, Windows 2000 and Windows XP. It operates alongside traditional security products, such as personal firewalls and anti-virus software. The product can be downloaded from the company web site, http://www.abtrusion.com/Downloads.

3. JacK

JacK Registered Member

THX : I tend to forget a "few" people are not yet running a NT OS :)

Cheers,

4. controler

controler Guest

Jack

I have been preaching to home users to GET XP ;)

The first thing they tell me is,,, Gee I really don't like the look. I tell them , yea I don't like the default look either. I tell them how to switch to the classic Windows look and feel. They then feel comfy.
    I tell them , you will NOT notice the difference between ME and XP with the Classic look, except for the fact it doesn't crash. Oh dear they exclaim !!! it doesn't crash?? I say nope , not unless you are me at through all kinds of wierd programs at it. I tell GO join Wilders and maybe be the 2000 user to join and receive good prizes. I tell them after they join they become family. :D

5. pin

pin Registered Member

hehe yeah the XP not crashing and not giving BSODs is a nice myth.. i can consistently get a BSOD with XP by having AVG scan this one very old floppy disk i have. every time.

also if you cancel some processes, it will also BSOD instead of just restarting them. oh well.

system restore is pretty useless too. but XP is still nicer than my win98.

although i ran my win98 on my laptop for 3 years almost with just the one build that it came with installed... i had to reinstall XP in a just a few short months after i purchased my new HP.

i did discover something very interesting that i never knew existed though in XP. i knew about the firewall built in, but not that you could actually block certain ports via something called tcp-ip filtering. unfortunately it's just adding one port at a time to the list, i can't seem to specify ranges. thank goodness for Tiny i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.