ABP- strange subscription

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by ams963, Jan 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Hi,

My AdBlock Plus subscription shows a list Fanboy+Easylist-Merged Ultimate List.

I've never seen a filter like this. Is this a good thing?

Best Wishes,
    Amit

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

Those two lists (Fanboy and Easylist) are getting merged. But, it's still under testing, so don't use it yet, unless you're willing to test it, of course. :)

3. Mman79

Mman79 Registered Member

As M00n stated, it's fine. Fanboy is being merged with Easy because of time and manpower constraints.

4. siljaline

siljaline Registered Member

I like Fanboy, EasyPrivacy & Easylist.

Also see my comment on subscriptions.

If you are unfamiliar with a particualar subscription list, you simply delete that list and move on. Note that that hit-count and information that list has done for you will be lost if removed.

Regards,

5. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Oh I see thanks guys. I guess fanboy and easy being merged is a good thing. I didn't wanted to test. I just re-installed ABP and as I always do subscribed fanboy's ultimate list. Then after updating the list I noticed the name being changed to Fanboy+Easylist-Merged Ultimate List.

6. niki

niki Registered Member

Strange that for me Pale Moon browser shows up as merged in the Adblock Plus' subscription list but not in Firefox. Now I can't remember what subscriptions I had in PM as both browsers had a small variation in subscriptions. Both are version 2.2.2 *sigh*

7. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@niki
    strange indeed. Try Fanboy's ultimate list. Now merged with easylist of course. Find it in the fanboy's homepage.;)

8. niki

niki Registered Member

Thanks Amit. After some searching around I installed the Fanboy's ultimate list and since then it shows fine in Firefox. Wasn't sure if the merged ultimate list also included Easylist, the other Fanboy's subscriptions such as Tracking List, Enhanced Tracking List, Annoyances List and the main Adblock List.

9. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@niki
    You're welcome. My one says Fanboy+Easylist-Merged Ultimate List. Easily is also merged.;)

10. niki

niki Registered Member

11. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@niki
    Ow! Really confusing.:doubt:

12. niki

niki Registered Member

@Amit. Yeah, really confusing isn't it? That's why I posted in ABP's forum and also the Easy List forum to clarify what lists are actually covered. To me the words merged Ultimate List in ABP extension mean that they are actually pointing to the merged Ultimate list from Fanboy and Easylist? Or is it just named Ultimate to distinguish the merging of the Adblock lists from Fanboy Main Adblock and Easylist?

Now my above words are even confusing to me. :eek: Hopefully I will get their response to my questions and if so will update here.

Fanboy Ultimate List (This includes Main Adblock List, Tracking List, Enhanced Trackers List and Annoyances List)

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

@niki
    Oh yes please do update here if you manage to get some answers.:)

14. luciddream

luciddream Registered Member

So does it do this automatically when you go to update your sub lists in ABP? Like the next time I go to do that am I going to be staring at a different name for my EasyList subscription? Or does this only happen if you add the subscriptions (for the first time) to ABP from now on... like say after a fresh install of ABP?

That would seem strange to me too if I went to update my filter and when it was done saw a completely different name there.

And I saw a comment suggesting this was an ongoing process they were still sorting out. If so, I'd like to wait on it for awhile. So if it does indeed force it when you go to update the filter/lists, I'll make it a point not to do that for awhile.

15. niki

niki Registered Member

16. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

Just installed Ultimate list and wondering if EasyList is the only addition or if EasyPrivacy will be included also? So the Ultimate list is the same they have just added / merged it with EasyList?

https://secure.fanboy.co.nz/filters.html

Attached Files:

17. niki

niki Registered Member

Fanboy's Info on Dec 8, 2012
    http://forums.fanboy.co.nz/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16545&start=0

18. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

^^Interesting, thanks for the link! So it looks like fanboys Ultimate list alone will have pretty much everything needed. :thumb:

19. anon

anon Registered Member

The most cross-platform list available (with versions for Opera and SRWare Iron) is notable for blocking adult advertisers, unlike EasyList; consider using it, especially if your language is not dealt with by the EasyList regional subscriptions, but don't mix either type of supplemental with the other's main, except that there is an Adult/Dating addon meant for users of EasyList. Only lists not yet officially made into TPLs are included here, and those already subscribed to my versions should be 301 redirected to the official subscriptions.
    Users of Fanboy's main Adblock list do not need the Adult/Dating addon, because it is included.
    Additionally, he has made an Annoyances List for filtering things like Facebook "Like" buttons and other constant requests to add or spread the word on social-networking sites.
    Fanboy has created many regional supplements:
    Italian
    Polish
    Swedish
    Turkish
    Indian
    Vietnamese
    Chinese
    Korean

Finally, Fanboy has made an Enhanced Stats Addon to roll up all the regional TPLs into one and add more trackers like Google Analytics and Omniture, omitted from the main list because blocking them breaks many sites.
    This addon, combined with Fanboy's main list, is the Fanboy Complete subscription; combine that with his Annoyances to get Fanboy Ultimate. (Both TPLs are now published by Fanboy himself, but without a ready means to access them.)

http://jansal.net/TPL.shtml
    --------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------
    Merging of Easylist and Fanboy

Last edited: Feb 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.