about Winsonar

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Sep 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i am just trying Winsonar and i want to know if it blocks spywares and trojans in real time?is it effective and added extra layer of protection?is it worhty?
    anybody has any history experience that want to share with me,i dont know about this program i want to know more,thanks in advance.

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

did anybody have any idea how or what winsonar does?did anyboddy try it?

3. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hello jmonge

Easter here.

Maybe some others know of real benefits of using WinSonar, but i will say i used to run it on my Win 98 machines but with all these other much better security preventions such as ISR's. Sandboxes, Virtual Systems, HIPS, and so forth, i'm not sure it's anywhere near such shielding capacity as these others.

It is a credit to it's developer however that he keeps it alive in the face of so many other more stronger intervention security apps, and i'm sure it has a proper place for some security, but i'm not used it but one day when the new version came out, and i really didn't see any real advantage to defending but rather more notifying of say something trying to add to your startup or other directory folders, and HIPS pretty well suspends ANY executables entering in many more places than WinSonar is able to cover at this point.

If there is a useful advantage i might have overlooked in Winsonar, by all means i'm open to standing corrected in my opinions of it.

EASTER

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

thank you very much Easter,so if i am running Malware Defender then Winsonar is usseles?do i get none benefits from running it along side malware defender?

5. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

jmonge, that answer would be better addressed by users of it currently or recently. In all honesty my opinions just wouldn't form an accurate assessment of it's current capabities.

Now as for Malware Defender, this nice HIPS, early as it is, is growing even on me and i have no problems with it equalling the claims the developer has shared about it so far. Yeah, on my enemic present machine it indicates some slowdowns but that doesn't prevent it from doing what i see as an excellent task as any good HIPS offers, so i'm satisfied with it knowing improvements are a coming plus it's developer seems very appreciative & excited from the scrutiny and reviews/reports he's taken seriously about it, and at this time i have no doubt he will see it thru to the best it can possibly be as he and his team fine tune it. My thanks for finally another HIPS that can be very useful.

EASTER

6. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeap,it is indeed very strong and very ligth here,i already fall in love with this one that i got my self a licence(life time).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.