About Tor's Ideal Connection Settings? Should it be SOCKs v4 or v5?

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Please Help Me, Nov 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Registered Member

I have mine on v5? Is that the correct settings or should it be v4? I wanna make sure nothing goes wrong.

Also what does
    ~~~
    ? - HTTP_DNT=1
    ~~~

mean? Is there any way to change that setting and if yes, then how would I do that?

According to
    http://www.stilllistener.addr.com
    ? - HTTP_DNT=1
    is one of the dubious values detected on my Tor Browser so how could I remove that dubious value from my Tor Browser?
    Also what does HTTP_DNT=1 mean in the first place?

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  2. Phil McCrevis

Phil McCrevis Registered Member

Did you config the settings in your own browser or are you using Tor browser bundle? TBB uses V5.

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/dnt/

If sent (DNT: 1) to a web server, it means the user doesn't want to be tracked (typically for third party cookies that are used to target advertising).

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  3. Please Help Me

Please Help Me Registered Member

I am using Tor Browser Bundle.

4. CasperFace

CasperFace Registered Member

DNT is an abbreviation for Do Not Track. Assuming you are referring to the ProxyJudge V2.35 test results, keep in mind that this script has not been updated in MANY years (long before the existence of the "Do Not Track" browser setting). Therefore, the "dubious variable" designation is a false positive and should be ignored.

You may want to consider using a more up-to-date variables checker, such as any of these:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.