About to install Ewido. Couple questions.

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by Anthony A, Aug 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

I am going to down load and install Ewido instaed of using the on line scanner. I have a coupke questions about it before I do though.

Is there only the one version available from the Ewido site? Is there not a free, trial, and paid versions?

I read that during install that you have the choice to install or not to install the background guard. If I choose not to install and only use Ewido as a on demand scanner can I still update the definitions from within Ewido or do I have to do the manual install of definitions from the Ewido site. I know automatic updates won't work without the background guard. Also is there an option to install the background gaurd after if I decide I want it or do I have to do a uninstall and reinstall of the whole program?

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

theres only one version. it works as trial for 30-days after which it goes into free mode where automatic updates and guard is disabled.

u just input ur license details to convert it to full.
    u can still update ewido from within the program.
    i dont know; perhaps someone else will tho.

3. Anthony A

Anthony A Registered Member

Well there was no option to not install the back ground guard. It must have been an option in a older version of Ewido.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.