about tiny???

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by arlone, Oct 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arlone

arlone Registered Member

Im using tiny firewall now,and i hope to configure my firewall more complex as i expect it would be.But Im worrying a problem that if I reinstall my OS followed by reinstall tiny,i will have to reconfigure it again.
    Is there some one who could help to tell me how to preserve the previous configuration of tiny firewall to avoid reconfiguration after the reinstallment of the OS and tiny??

2. Moore

Moore Registered Member

Hi , last I looked the main admin module had a section to backup your rules/settings.. so you could copy your settings folder from tiny program files and just reload it again after you reinstall your os.

If you need more detailed instructions I'm sure someone else here or at the tiny forum will be able to help , but really there's not much to it.

3. mlr1m

mlr1m Registered Member

After you make a backup you will find it in this directory.
    C:\Program Files\Tiny Firewall Pro\PolicyTable

Make sure you save it somewhere safe before you wipe your c drive out.

Michael

4. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I installed this one today just for fun (the Pro version) and when I looked, I found that it had absolutely no IDS rules or entries at all. Anyone know why this is? Shouldn't it come with a set of IDS rules? Pretty bizarre if you ask me..

Then I removed it, and installed the regular version to check that one out too, and it had absolutely no firewall rules in place, out of the box!

So I am wondering if there is an issue with Tiny and Win2k or something else weird going on? Anyone else seen this or have any ideas?

5. bogota

bogota Registered Member

6. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I have seen that thread, and that doesn't really answer my question. I know in previous versions of 6.5 that the IDS rules were there out of the box. Just wondered what happened to them in this latest release. I might check the Tiny forum if the urge stikes, otherwise, I guess I don't much care...

Thanks though...:)

7. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

Posted in the Tiny Software forums:
    http://www.tinysoftware.com/forum/s...d5059936d394c05&threadid=2658&highlight=snort

8. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

Thanks, that seems to explain it.. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.