About the Lock Icon

Discussion in 'Prevx Releases' started by TaranScorp, Jul 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaranScorp

TaranScorp Registered Member

Where is the setting to force the Lock Icon to stay on when your not on the web. I ask cause I just bought SecureAnywhere and ditched all three of my free programs to get a one stop solution but when I test using Comodo Leak Test and AntiTest.exe Webroot fails both misreably. When I had my free security suite I could tweak till I got a 340/340 and 100% Pass on the other test.
    I know the tests are not crucial But I miss that warm fuzzy feeling I got when the I Saw those great scores and the feeling of hitting the web feeling secure in the Psyche :)

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. TaranScorp

I can not run any tests cause of the padlock is missing if there is no browser or website. Shouldnt there be a option to force padlock on just so you can run some tests? If you can run the tests with the free security software online offline and whenever you want and still get excellent protection you figure it shouldn't be so hard with Webroot.

4. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

Could you let me know what web browser you're using and which version?

Thanks!

5. TaranScorp

I'm using Opera 12.
    Which so far is working 100%

6. PrevxHelp

PrevxHelp Former Prevx Moderator

WSA should secure it fine when the browser is open - it intentionally won't block screen capture/key strokes when no browser is open as there are several applications which wouldn't work properly.

You can add custom applications to be protected which may allow you to test, but it could cause compatibility problems. Identity & Privacy - View/Edit Protected Applications - Add.

Note that WSA doesn't try to block leaktests - it will block real threats but we intentionally whitelist leaktests to not pass as they aren't representative of real threats.

7. TaranScorp

Well just for peace of mind I turned off the FireWall in WebRoot and microsoft and installed Comodo FireWall and now can play with the tests . Something funny is WebRoot loves the new company because between both of them my browser is twice as fast now, everything is snappier to, go figure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.