? about spyblaster

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by RBH, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RBH

RBH Guest

Spybot recommends spyblaster for Active X. I'm not so familiar with what this means. I just want to know if it would be necessary to have both programs?
    RBH

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The reason being is the fact that Spywareblasters database of known ActiveX clsid's is quite a bit larger than Spybot's....and it's the programmers way IMHO of saying....get Spywareblaster to help augment Spybot's ActiveX protection.
    If you are asking what ActiveX protection it is speaking of....in short it has to with setting a kill-bit of a known Internet Explorer ActiveX CLSID....which prevents the installation of that particular ActiveX-based spyware\potentially unwanted software.

How to stop an ActiveX control from running in Internet Explorer

Also note....I have closed the duplicate thread you started in our General Topics Forum....so we can focus on just one thread of the same subject matter.

3. RBH

RBH Guest

I like spybot but is it neccesary to have both? are there things that spybot has that spyblaster doesn't?
    RBH

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

The best explanation I can give is that Spybot's main function IMHO is to "scan for spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software." Among the other features it has is it's Immunization feature....which is the ability to provide Internet Explorer protection for ActiveX, Cookie and Restricted Sites. It's Immunization feature is the only thing that can be compared to in regards to Spywareblaster....since Spywareblaster does not scan for anything....and it's main features are Internet Explorer protection for ActiveX, Cookie and Restricted Sites.

If I were you....I would use Spywareblasters program for Internet Explorer ActiveX, Cookie and Restricted Sites protection....not Spybot's Immunization feature....but I would definetly retain Spybot for it's excellent spyware, adware, hijackers and other malicious software scanning feature.

5. RBH

RBH Guest

What you are saying is clear. Thank you.
    One thing I use Fire fox is what you said the same for this browser? Do the programs work the same way?
    RBH

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.