About Quarantine...

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by rdsu, Oct 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Blackspear recommends, in Extra settings for Nod32, to enable the 2 Quarantine check box in the "Actions" tab, of the "Scanner setup", in DMON, IMON and on-demand scanner.

http://img58.exs.cx/img58/5536/NOD32_IMON_Scanner_setup.png

Why? If I receive an email with a virus, the quarantine will have two files with a different size...
    Why not just check check the 1º box?

If the file isn't clean and then delete, I have 2 files as you can see in the image:

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/9915/Blackspear.png

Thanks

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

As far as I knew, if Nod32 can clean the virus it will also Quarantine it, if it can NOT clean the virus it will DELETE it and at the same time Quarantine it. So either option Quarantines the virus, and I would have thought that there would only be one encrypted copy...

As to why there is 2, I will have to ask the question...

Thanks for bringing it to my attention...

Cheers :D

3. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Mr. Spear and Mr. Crow,

Checking both the Quarantine boxes is fine. However, if you do this, you must regularly clear out the Quarantined items in the Infected folder inside the Eset folder, otherwise if you forget, and you get quite a bit of email rubbish coming in every day, you may suddennly find your hard drive is full to bursting point.... :D

Bandicoot.

4. Blackspear

Thank you Mr Coot, I'm quite happy with "bursting", I can handle a little cleaning every now and then ;) :D

HOWEVER, and there's always a however ;) why does Quarantine do so TWICE, logically I would have thought ONCE would have been enough, as in, if it can "Clean", it will Quarantine

If it can't "Clean" then if set to "Delete", it would then Quarantine, NOT Quarantine TWICE, once with "Clean" and again with "Delete".

The ball is in your court again Mr Coot ;) and the umpire has just said "Play Ball!" ;) :D

5. arrowsmithmidwest

arrowsmithmidwest Registered Member

yeah i was wondering why my eset folder was 1.5GB yesterday, i had a deeper look to find my infected folder full, so i cleaned it out.

6. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Houston? We have a problem!

Well..... only a small problem really. Simple fact is that nobody has brought this point up before so I'm adding this to the list of bugs to fix with NOD32 right now. Looks like Mr. Crow and Mr. Spear have done well to bring this to light.

Thanks chaps! :D :p :D

Bandicoot.

7. Blackspear

Thank you Mr Coot, we'll keep you on your furry little toes ;) :D

8. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Nice to hear that I helped... ;)

9. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Good news everybody..... the double-quaranting issue has been fixed! Better late than never, hey. A relatively minor problem so it wasn't top of the 'to do' list. Just thought you'd all like to know.

Bandicoot. :D

10. Blackspear

Why thank you Mr Coot, you're worth your weight in, ahhhh... Tin :eek: ;) :D :D :ninja:

Now the average Bandicoot weighs 640 Grams, and Tin is valued at around $7500/metric tonne, so you are worth about US$4.80, or a cup of coffee, or a Big Mac with small fries and a coke... :rolleyes: :D

:D :D :D

11. Bandicoot

Bandicoot Eset Staff

Well I ain't your average Bandicoot, Mr. Spear. I got involved with a dodgy pack of Dingos who fed me up on live crocs. So, by your calculations, I'm worth about $2000 actually.

Bandicoot. :D

Disclaimer: I have never been to Australia and actually know nothing about Bandicoots, Dingos or Crocodiles.... but I got caught up in Mr. Spear's crazy banter. Sorry everybody.

12. Blackspear

Damn, that's one expensive liddle rodent, at that price I'd have you stuffed and placed on the mantle piece :eek: ;) :D :ninja:

:D :D :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.