about licence

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by VISHFERNS, Sep 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VISHFERNS

VISHFERNS Registered Member

hi, i've just purchased a single-computer license (Smart Security). entering the username and password went splendidly, but when i want to check the license expiration date (via the Help/Verify license validity in the program main menu) the following note appears (in a separate window):

"License could not be verified. Please enable access to the expiration database server exp02.eset.com"

could anyone tell me what's wrong? i've activated the product already in my computer.and already crossed 48 hours but still it appears

maybe i'm doing something wrong

2. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

It sounds like your computer cannot reach the computer used to verify a license expiration date.

If you open a Command Prompt (filename: CMD.EXE) and try issuing a "ping exp02.eset.com" command, what is the result?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

3. PCdoc

PCdoc Registered Member

Same happened to me When i installed it on my client's comp :-s:doubt: o_O

4. agoretsky

agoretsky Eset Staff Account

Hello,

And what were the results of your ping?

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

5. VISHFERNS

VISHFERNS Registered Member

i got the result that ping.exp02.eset.com is not recognized is an internal or external command

6. tommy456

tommy456 Registered Member

Well for me that address responds to ping requests (exp02.eset.com) I am currently using ESS4 and if i press the validate licence button nothing happens it doesn't even check the server anymore, this happened a short time after ESS5 was released ,so something is clearly wrong

and after reading other threads i will be continuing to use ESS4 until they sort out all the stuff that needs fixing,

7. alan1476

alan1476 Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.