about KeyScrambler?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jmonge, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i found this software and not sure how effective againts keyborad loggers and also do i really need it?any coments?

2. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

3. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i know but did anyboddy tried it with real malware or does anyboddy have like a test review or some info like thato_O it runs very smooth but is it any good when it comes to real malware?do you know what i mean?thanks

4. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

some coments like this:
    or this:
    https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3383

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2009
  5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

what the 2 first testers is true indeed i got the free version of keyscrambler and my son plays games and cause the keyborad is scramble the game get confuse and crazy(only way to play in peace is disable keyscrambler)
    i also notice getting my wireless connection getting frecuent disconection reaso dont know yet,so what he said about that he was correct:D and for my browser i also notice that my browser is acting kind of yerky:D so all they said i confirm i am experiencing same problem:)
    any coments?any experiences?i want to keep it and maybe buy it but look what is happeningo_O

6. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Maybe posts some real links instead of some vague quotes without an actual source?

7. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

8. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

Do they play games online via browser?In that case it probably true what you described.
    Games installed on the PC are not affected here .I use the free version on my gaming PC.

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeap from browser

10. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Thanks for the links. :) But the people in that thread are even more vague as a source. ;)

I'm not a Key Scrambler users btw, because I find the whole idea of protecting a selected group of programs complete nonsense. Either protect all or protect nothing.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

the thing is that all this people are saying is indeed true cause i am telling you as we speak i am experiencing same problems:)

12. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i wanted to like it but the problems described led me to fully uninstall from my computers:'( now my browser is fast again and got my router with solid connection and my son will be tomorrow morning happy playing his faborite game;)

13. denniz

denniz Registered Member

Hmm, when I think about this, I find this actually not really surprising. Since it only protects a selected group of programs, I reckon it's also really depended on version changes over time within those programs as well. If a protected program gets a version bump and things change to much, then it might break compatibility with KeyScrambler also. Hence you loose protection and get a false sense of security.

14. virtumonde

virtumonde Registered Member

What problems to be more clear?
    Do you have the free version?
    If so are there any other problems that you are experiencing besides the ability to play online games through browser if u are using the free version?
    I went to miniclip.com to test and i have to disable it to play games there but for me it's not important since i play PC games.

I'm not sure how this can affect the browsing speed,i don't see nothing here.Anyway to bad it's not working for you ,i find the program useful

15. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

yeap,just uninstall from my computers:) everything is normal again:thumb:

16. Boost

Boost Registered Member

I use it and never had a problem with firefox :thumb:

17. dw426

dw426 Registered Member

Me either, Miniclip included. The ONLY issue I ever had was uninstalling it the last time I used it. It screwed my keyboard badly and I had to reinstall the old default driver from the Windows CD. Now that I'm using it again, I'm too scared to uninstall it, lol.

18. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i run ie6 no patch

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.