About HIPS

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Coccinelle, Nov 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coccinelle

Coccinelle Registered Member

Hello,
    i have a question about the new hips modul of Eset 5.
    Are, there gone a have a new version of Eset with beter protection in Automatic mode of Hips?
    In automatic mode there non specify rules (nothing) and for Lamba user- the new feature is unuselesse.
    Are Eset return and sale the product for Average user?
    Haw can i use the new modul (may be i got to take the computer lessons)to use the programme at home and surf on the Net and use skype\mail clients....I mean that the new Hips modul breang nothint new to user Lamba-nothing new for better protection.
    Thank you

.....p.s.I can't understend Eset constructor, why they take decision to integrate this modul for home usero_Oo_O
    Proactive modul or better IDS modul be more effective for all tipe of users.
    The hips depend from users decisions and not more automatic decision from the programme.
    Norton,BitDefender,F secure(even Comodo)....., took the way for automatisation AV programme, for more tipe of users.
    Sorry if my English is not good enought.

....P.s.s.I can speek 4 languages(more or less)and i go to 4 diferrends forums country.
    There is to much problems with Eset hips like:
    -Help my PC is bloking.....Ok buddy go and put the hips in automatic mode,them everything be fine.
    Or:
    -How the hips work?
    Comodo has this problem before and meke Defence+ more automatic and effective in automatic mode.
    Why Eset take classical hips if Eset is the Company with Droide logo?Tha company with the new features!
    Thank you again.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2011
  2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

No there are rules in place under automatic mode as well, but they are hidden (not accessible) and setup by the developers. And they will be improved over time afaik. But they only cover very critical system areas afaik.

3. Coccinelle

Hello,
    sorry but there's no rules.Nothing stop the virus and eset has not hips popups.
    The hiden rules is for self-defense may be,but not for hips in automatic mode.Sorry but is trouth.:)

4. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hello Ladybug. ;)
    Then I must have misunderstood what ESET have said several times already. :doubt:

5. stackz

stackz Registered Member

Go into the advanced setup tree, under HIPS -> Advanced setup, put a check mark in 'Log all blocked operations'.
    You'll see there is currently far more to it (HIPS in Automatic mode) than just self-defense. Also, there are no popups from the preset rules in Automatic mode.

6. sweater

sweater Registered Member

Philippines, the Political Dynasty Capital of the
    Hhmmn...:cautious: ....I see. :cool:

7. Coccinelle

Yes,that is normal because the rules in "automatic" make allow all!!!
    If the virus is not in definitions listes...them we got to clean the computer :D .
    The Eset hips is basic hips
    Automatic= allow all and make it rules for all aplications automaricly
    Itneractive=pop ups and make it rules by user
    learning mode= ......

That is normal for this kinde of hips, but is nothin MODERNE(android pup )and is for Average users.
    For users Lamba this protection is only old protection -fails \URL blacklistage.
    I think, more important for Lamba users is to be MAXIMUM PROTECTED in automatic mode(BitDefender do that,Norton....)
    Yes, the hips work but,for Lamba users the new hips feature bring NOTHING.They don't now how the hips works(that is to compicated)
    That is my point.:)
    Thank you

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  8. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Hopefully Marcos can drop by and explain this and that :)

9. Coccinelle

Is not importand what the AV company said-is importand what i see.;)

10. Coccinelle

Theres got to have a rules in automatic mode to work with popups like Comodo version 5...(becouse version 2 and 3 is the same kinde of hips like Eset hips now...)
    Thank you everybody for your time.

...p.s.I've been Avira users 2 years(avira make poor version 10) i migrated to Eset until this version 5 ...nowi use Norton becouse everythig is automatic and simple.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2011
  11. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Norton has its own issues with false positives.

12. Coccinelle

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.