About chain of proxies

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by henrique, Jan 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. henrique

henrique Registered Member

Hi , i have a question , i am from Mexico but i live in Spain , 2 months ago i said to spanish friends that i use (to visit some sites) a chain of two anonymous proxies but they said to me that it is absurd because SOME WEBS CAN SHOW ALL MY CHAINED OF ANONYMOUS PROXIES

I am surprised!!

Is it true?

sorry for my bad english

==

greetings to all

2. Lurkerella

Lurkerella Guest

WELL?? Does it??

3. Lurkerella

Lurkerella Guest

Or do THEY?? Now, I am getting confused!!

4. Paranoid2000

Paranoid2000 Registered Member

Proxy servers do keep logs of visitors so you can be tracked using a chain of proxies by someone with the ability/authority to view the logs of each server in the chain. This would be more difficult, especially if the proxies were in different countries. However some proxies do forward your IP address so using these in a chain would be pointless.

A website should only be able to identify your actual IP address if the proxy was sending it or if your browser could be "persuaded" (via a Java or ActiveX applet) into opening a direct connection. Sites like BrowserSpy and Leader Network Tools can be used to check your anonymity online.

Bear in mind that these proxies will do nothing to hide your activity from your ISP (who may well be legally required to log your activities). The only option here is to use an encrypted anonymising proxy - try a forum search for JAP or Tor to get more information on these.

5. manoj

manoj Guest

i have one quary
    if i have two chained proxy and my first proxy dont have a page what i need ,but dns is able to get the ip of page being visited ,now the first proxy will send the ip to next proxy or the name of site only
    i am not able to understand it ,
    what happens at ip level when two proxy are chained
    if u any one can tell me please send ur answer to
    ~email removed - please do not post your email in public - snap~

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2005
  6. kareldjag

kareldjag Registered Member

Holà manoj,

To understand those things, it's better to learn a little bit about TCP/IP protocol.
    Notionnaly, each IP has his DNS.

Threr's no method for a total anonymity.
    Even with forbidden methods like IP Spoofing, you'll be able to be tracked.
    It's the same for Chaining proxies (it's nothing else than a cascade of IPs, like russian's puppets).

There's also some tools which works with this method (some of them from Russia).
    But what for? I know these techniques for anonymity but i never surf by hidden my IP.

And there's also some dangers with proxies.
    Take a look at this: http://theproxyconnection.com/openproxy.html

And just try Mister Google for others informations.

Hasta Luego

7. manoj

manoj Guest

hello hosta
    i have a little knowledge of the dns as well as chaining of proxies and i also get the point given by you .thanks for your valuable suggestion.it was my first attempt for any quary on this website.
    in fact i am engineer ,and now i am in the field of comuter consultancy.so i read a lot of book and litrature whatever i get about the networking,and information security.but i was little confused about the ip movement in chained proxy.
    if u have more litrature and if u can send me that i will be highly obliged to you
    thank u

8. mansi

mansi Guest

hello all
    i have a quary i.e.
    when how we chain the proxy with other if i have "internet explorer" browser
    if any body has any suggestion and answer please tell me soon
    greeting to all

9. manoj_tewari

manoj_tewari Registered Member

working of dns

hi all
    good day to all of you
    i have a confusion in working of dns.
    if i am using window xp,and in my network setting the dhcp is not enabled
    .and in dns settings
    i use 3 dns ip for example145.232.764.78 (1st)
    145.232.766.65 (2nd)
    145.232.767.87 (3rd)
    then what is the order of name resolution ,i mean
    if there isn't any entry of the host name i am trying to ping in 1st dns will it move to 2nd one for name resolution
    or
    if 1st dns is down then it will go to 2nd one .
    if any body has the answer for this quary i will be highly obliged to him .thank u
    regards to all

10. k2k3

k2k3 Guest

Sure you can. It's trival.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.