Abandonedware?

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Jigga, Aug 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jigga

Jigga Registered Member

Been looking at look'n'stop as a solution however has it become abdonedware? Looks like there hasnt been a release since 2004 and p3 almost seems like a failed beta version. Either way p2 is very stable and very well written software however 39.99 is a hefty price on software thats updated every 4 years.

2. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

The date of the 2.05p2 is Nov 2004.
    The date of the 2.05p3 is Sep 2005.

So I don't know why you are talking about 4 years o_O

Yes, these 2 versions are considered as very stable, and they are doing what they are supposed/what they are designed to do.
    If 2.05p2 wasn't enough stable we would have replaced it by the 2.05p3 on our main site.
    2.05p3 however fixes some issues, so it is even more stable.

The only thing not stable are the experimental beta features included in the 2.05p3, mainly because of DEP/Nx bit protection.
    Also the service start mode is not perfect with FUS.

Regards,

Frederic

3. Jigga

Jigga Registered Member

:thumb: Thanks frederic happy to know still being supported/dev. Your software seems more reliable then many other products ive seen.

4. Dina

Dina Registered Member

I wouldnt mind not being updated for long time. As long as it works well. Please though dont add features that would make it bloated. Loving look n stop as it is.

Cheers

5. aigle

aigle Registered Member

If something works great without need for version upgrades, it is a big plus for me. To me version over version with bugs going on in each version is a real headache, I want install and forget. I am saying it in general for any software.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.