Aaaaaggghh! Email error codes??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, May 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I can't send or receive mail?.....Error codes...0x800ccc0e....0x800ccc0D...I've been thro' all the reconfiguration routines for my dialup and even gone thro' the Re-registering process...but all I get after clicking on my dialup is 'Connecting' but it doesn't!!....as you can see it gets me on the Net but nowhere with my mail in Outlook express. :'(

Any clues my dear friends would be appreciated....I'm on Win 98se... :D

TIA, Cochise, :cool:

2. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

3. FluxGFX

FluxGFX Registered Member

4. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

hi gerardwil,

Sorry mate don't quite see where Tiscali comes into this? My ISP is Tesco.net...and my SMPTs ingoing and outgoing are 'mail.tesco.net'...so being a bit on the slow side I find it a bit confusing.

Thanks also Flug mate but I didn't think I would have to change things to MSN etc.,??. Unless I'm missing something which is quite possible..

Cochise, :cool:

5. SnowGuy

SnowGuy Guest

Have you tryed:

<pop.tesco.net>

<smtp.tesco.com>

6. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Hey Cochise,

Those various links are simply representative examples of that error code and basically are meant to give suggestions as to what may apply in your case.

Can you post the full text of the error conditions you are seeing, not just the error code? Often there is some sort of explanation available within the context of the error. The two codes noted often mean there are problems at the server more than a problem with your client. How long have these errors been occurring?

7. gerardwil

gerardwil Registered Member

Thats how social engineering works

8. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Please accept my apologies gentlemen....I wasn't being ungrateful, honest...I should have added that you are trying to help someone who has never quite known what he's doing.... :D

Just to show you what your up against...I have managed to copy the errors to my Clipboard viewer....so could you tell me how to put them up so that you all can see them please...

Regards, Cochise, :cool:

9. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Oh! God! It really is awful getting old...the brain turns to mush and the smallest thing becomes a big deal....Just for something to do in one of my more adventurous moods I dumped Agnitum Outposty Firewall and then undumped it....after making sure everything I needed to get on the Web had been informed to outpost....who forgot to check if OE and his ISP was being allowed by my best friend Outpost?? ME!.

SORRY.....I'm all better now...I Really should get out more

Cochise, :cool:

10. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Yeah I have found out the little things that pop up when age sneaks up on us and our grey matter starts to calcify. Great fun isnt it. ;)

11. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

:D :D :D Yeah!...I wouldn't have missed it for the World...aren't we just the lucky ones.....The beauty of losing your marbles is the fact that you don't know anything about it....Oh! What fun we're having.

Tell you what tho' it's amazing how many Error messages you get just trying to access something the old Firewall doesn't approve of.....trouble with that is if you decide to check 'em out on Google you can be taken on an absolutely fantastic flight of fancy.....that give you hours of fun...NOT!

regards to all, Cochise, :cool:

12. ed calabro

ed calabro Guest

I have been experiencing the same problem. Do you have any recommendations for a fix?

bulledjerent@comcast.net

13. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi Ed,

I'm assuming you read the whole Thread....in which case either don't grow old and lose the ability to think... :D :D .....OR, make sure your Firewall and your Antivirus have been fully briefed and kept upto date as to which thoughtless disaster you may be about to spring on them.. :D :D :D

Good Luck either way.... ;)

Best Regards, Cochise, :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.