A8V Deluxe/Raid 0 on Promise 378 controller

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by DMorgan002, Jun 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DMorgan002

DMorgan002 Registered Member

Hello,

I recently upgraded my processor and mobo and then discovered that my existing imaging software (we won't mention who's) would not work with it.

I have since downloaded and tested True Image 8 and everything seems to be working very well but I would like to know if anyone has actually done a full system restore with this setup.

A8V Deluxe motherboard
    (2) Hitachi SATA drives RAID 0 on the Promise 378 controller
    Maxtor ATA drive on the via controller which I back up to

Additionally, I see some text flash by on the screen when booting to the CD (right before the gui loads) about an unexpected number of bytes returned or something. Is this something that I need to worry about?

Thank you to anyone that can provide any insight!

Dan

2. mareke

mareke Registered Member

If you can get to the point where you click on 'Proceed' to do a restore when using the rescue CD then most likely Acronis will work on your computer (however it could still freeze after clicking on restore so you can't be certain until you actually do a restore). Someone with the same sort of hardware as yours may be able to be more definite.

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Dan,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Acronis True Image 8.0 does support Promise 378 SATA controller and you shouldn't encounter any problems with it. Could you please let us know whether your RAID array is recognized as a single drive or as two drives? Also please let us know what error message you get during the boot up?

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

4. DMorgan002

DMorgan002 Registered Member

Hello everyone!

I actually borrowed a couple of SATA hard drives from work and took them home to do some testing. Created the array and then booted to the TI CD and was able to do a full restore (partitions automatically resized downward due to smaller drives) and everything went flawlessly regardless of the error message. Rebooted into windows just fine!!

Ilya, to answer your questions:

The RAID array is recognized as a single drive.
    The error message flys by very quickly but I was able to get the majority of it, here it is:

Thanks!

Dan

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.