a2 malware program on trial and Hijack Free?

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by Wills, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I am trying out the a2 malware program and wondered if anyone has experience with it?
    To date it indicated it found 6 moderate risk ad.coms (i believe that was the name( i wrote the name down and can't find it!), since then everything has been negative results with my scans. I initially tried the Hijact Free scan and it listed several areas of concern, and I did not keep the report and try to do a scan again and it does not seem to be available. Does anyone know if it is a one time scan opportunity?

The Security programs that I use as required by management at work, though this is my own notebook are, NAV, spybot, spyware blaster, sitehound,smc router, alpha shield.

I would appreciate comments on this as I am likely going to purchase the program and would like to know more about the Free Hijack program if any of the members here have comments it would be greatly appreciated, thankyou.
    I

2. Wills

Wills Registered Member

I tried to edit my post as I should have included more information, however I guess I was too late to edit as the information did not get changed in my original post.

The Hijack Free showed that Port 1025 had some problem, however I was at work and did not print the scan but noted the Port and that it was open.
    When I got home I tried to scan again, however can't.

I have had problems with IE 6 encountering problems and closing. Tech Error "Comctl32.dll".
    I did a Search and it showed up as present on my notebook.

I have just read the Details in this Free Hijact scan and found the following on Port 1025 where the "Comctl32.dll" is listed.

This is in the details:

File properties: svchost.exe
    File path: C.WINDOWS\system32\

Process details:
    Open UDP ports: 1025

Located Modules (amongst others)

C:|WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls_6595b64144ccf1df_6.0.2600.2982_x-ww_ac3f9c03\comctl32.dll

C:\WINDOWS\system32.comctl32.dll

I don't know if this Port should be open and what is causing the problem with IE6 but the Scan showed this port as having an issue.

I hope that members read my above post in conjunction with this added information. I really would like to be able to do another Scan, however it does not seem possible.
    Thankyou for your time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.