A Virus?

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Masterigor, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Masterigor

Masterigor Registered Member

Ok so one day i decide to go online and the connection speed is horrible compared to what i usually have. (I Have Adelphia Cable, and i usaully download at 200 to 350 but now i'd be lucky to get 20 and this is off the same sites basically and the pages take forever to load so it seems like i have dial-up). I don't know what to do because it's connected but the speed is really slow but then sometimes it disconnects the reconnects after a minute or so. I thought that this was Spyware but it can't be because my brother has the same problem and he just reformed. Can it be the Router thow? If so how do i know whats wrong with it? Or can it be the Modem Box? I checked that those were connected right and reconnected all the wires and turned them off for 2 minutes still nothing so i was thinking it's a virus? But then my brother did a virus scan and still nothing but can it be a virus? If so what one and how do i get rid of it?

2. CrazyM

CrazyM Firewall Expert

Hi Masterigor

... and welcome to Wilders :)

In the event it is malware, have you tried the steps listed in: General Cleaning Instructions?

To troubleshoot the router, have you connected one of your systems directly to the modem to see if speed improves? To troubleshoot the modem, you may have to contact your ISP tech support and have them check your network connection.

Regards,

CrazyM

3. Masterigor

Masterigor Registered Member

Yes i have and it's still working extremly slow, i will try to do the General Virus and Trojans Cleaning to see if that helps.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.