A TI 7.0 hang / freeze / lockup anyone?

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Occasional, May 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Occasional

Occasional Registered Member

I know many of you will suggest I move up to True Image 8.0 but I'd rather not change anything until I know the root of this problem is indeed solved by doing so. This may not be a True Image problem. I have had some indescript system errors lately.

The circumstance is that whenever I backup my C disk to any other drive, external or internal my WinXP system locks up with SECONDS left on the True Image completion bar after going for an hour (this is an old and slow system).

I have backed up on this system before.... this is a new problem. I have added WinXP updates since the last backup. The most major change is I have added Nod32 but I really don't suspect this.

I couldn't find any other entry that specifically noted this kind of lock up in the last seconds of doing the backup. It's like I'm there...but just can't tidy up the details and finalize the file.

Anyone know of other posts I might read in this regard...or know if TI 7.0 was "fixed" for this after Build 572?

Thanks in advance

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Occasional,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We regret to inform you that Acronis True Image 7.0 is not supported any longer bacuse this version is very old. Please download free trial version of Acronis True Image 8.0 available at our site. If the problem persists please let us know.

As for the current problem, I could advise that you disable NOD32 when you create the image (in this case it would be reasonable to disable your network connection for the sake of security). Also I would recommend that you update Acronis True Image to the latest (63:cool: build.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Occasional

Occasional Registered Member

Thanks Ilya,

So should I be able to get 8.0 if it was out before my subscription year was over?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

5. MiniMax

MiniMax Registered Member

Occ, what happens if you boot windows in Safe Mode? Can you access the external drive? Do TI hang?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.