A-squared

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by chaos16, Apr 2, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chaos16

chaos16 Registered Member

Any news on the next release of A-squaredo_O

When was 1.6 releasedo_O

2. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

You may have a long wait . Talk of 2.0 and how good it will be was around last year . I think they were " close " back in August or September . But , I guess they will move slowly , trying to get things JUST RIGHT as they go along . So , No one know how long it will be . Hope that KINDA helps

3. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Febuary 28th 2005
    http://www.emsisoft.com/en/

4. hollywoodpc

Wow ! Finally . Cool . Thanks for the info Gordon .
    Oops . You mean1.6 OR the new 2.0 ? 1.6 is considered new even though it was out a SHORT while .

5. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Let me make it clear that 1.6 was released
    on the above date, its a great work in progress!!

6. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

hollywoodpc, yes thats what i meant
    and i am sure there will be several updates[program]
    to get to 2.0 version;)

7. hollywoodpc

Just so YOU know , 1.6 was on MY computer BEFORE April THIS year . Is that clear ? Hope so . That is why the question .

8. hollywoodpc

Wait . You posted three times . Where did Feb 28 come in ? I mean . I now understand but , why the " clear " remark ? I am not an idiot . And all I got was April 2005 . So I asked the question . And bam , you need to make it " clear " ? I GOT it .

9. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

*Yes
    The release date was Feb. 28 and posted on the web site by Christian
    on the March 3rd, I revamped my first post after checking into it a little more

10. hollywoodpc

Ahhhh...The date was changed . Never mind Hay . I gotcha ;) ;)

11. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Not a prob and your welcome

12. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I just wish a-squared would issue more frequent updates to the version they ALREADY have. It seems to me that the other AT's I am tracking (Trojan Hunter & BOClean) update much more frequently than a-squared. Am I missing something? Is update frequency of little or no significance when comparing the effectiveness of competing AT software?

13. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

A2 claims that their program doesn't need the updates that for instance Ewido has daily :)

14. chaos16

so then we maybe have to wait a long time until the next release of a-squared like 1.7 or 2.0??

15. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

to be honest, I am using and testing a2 personal and if you consider the ids, then it is a good program :)

a2 personal seems to work like an integrated portexplorer, tds and limited pg in one...and they are working on some new stuff too at the moment... quite positive about the product...

16. bellgamin

Yes, & the a² lot FINALLY issued a signature update. What with that, plus your hearty compliments about the program, I bought it. I dew hope yer satisfied, me bucko. :cool:

P.S. I really liked Trojan Hunter but, in each day of 4 days of trial, it repeatedly froze my computer whenever I did anything that caused access to Explorer after ~3 hours of usage. At least, I *assume* that TH was the cause. It didn't happen before I installed TH, & ceased when I uninstalled it so... go figureo_O

17. Infinity

Hi Bellgamin, yes I am satisfied about A2 and I talked to Andreas, they are working on extending the ids functions (like process termination protection).

Best to leave that for Andreas to say :) no prbs.

I have them both running, Ewido and A2 and they are very compatible I must say...
    - touches wood and sings a song: tralalalala... -

we'll see what the future brings, and soon I'll test it just to see how a2 performs in real time against malware :) just for myself offcourse...

take care

18. bellgamin

PLEASE let me see what your tests reveal. Send me a PM if you don't want to go public.

By the way, I'm running a² under WinME. I have XP on my machine (it's dual-boot) but I run ME most of the time, because my favorite productivity programs won't run under XP.

a² is VERY stable on WinME, & that's saying a lot.

Hey, mon -- live long & prosper.*puppy*

19. Andreas Haak

Andreas Haak Guest

Version 2 will take a little bit more time. We didn't finished the rework of the GUI yet and it will take a few additional weeks until you are able to test it.

Version 1.7 is close to be released and will find its way to the beta update tree within the next 2 or 3 days.

We mainly changed these things:

- added the possibility to detect and remove socalled traces like registry keys, directory, desktop/startmenu links and cookies
    - added much more mostly spyware related signatures/traces (about 30000)
    - added a more comprehensive IDS configuration with the ability to (de)activate several seperate parts of the IDS on the fly
    - added the possibility to choose from diffrent security levels making the IDS more or less aggressive (low, medium, high - standard level is low now)
    - a few more bug fixes and minor compatability/performance improvements

We chose to lower the default security level of the IDS a little bit (current default setting is medium) to avoid "false positives". In ITW conditions the detection rate isn't lowered. In non-ITW conditions you will see a slightly decreased detection rate.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 10, 2005
  20. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Andreas, thank you for the update;)

21. Infinity

Thanx Andreas!! This sounds promising I must say!!

keep up the good work

Inf.

22. chaos16

looking forward to version 7

23. bellgamin

Version 1.7 looks great! I already am very satisfied with version 1.6, so the improvments of 1.7 add to the power of an already superb program. I am 99.99999% delighted. {The shortfall of 0.00001% is because I wish signatures got updated a bit more often than at present.}

24. Edwin024

Edwin024 Registered Member

Go and use Ewido. They update daily ;)

25. ,.-

,.- Guest

you should use a freeware program with better functions like SSM (System Safety Monitor) or prevx plus a good(!) malware scanner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.