A squared pro could run with another AV?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JoeBlack40, Jul 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeBlack40

JoeBlack40 Registered Member

"Unlike other malware protection products, a-squared Anti-Malware was designed to run parallel with other antivirus and firewall software without troubles. In case you find a conflict with another software, our support team will help to solve the problem quickly. "
    This is what i've found on emsisoft site.I'd like to know if i could REALLY run A Squared pro with my current AV (KAV 2010)...i think my laptop is powerfull enough for this (4GB RAM,2Ghz),but what about two antimalware programs with real time protectiono_O
    Thanks.

2. firzen771

firzen771 Registered Member

i dont see y u wuld want to, and to avoid potential issues i wuld use another AV with it.

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Not sure I believe that quote. I had a problem with an A2/AdMuncher conflict three years ago and last I checked it still persisted.

4. andyman35

andyman35 Registered Member

Well I can only speak for myself but I've run A2AM alongside Avira without any issues for over 12 months.A2 being only on-execution rather than on-access makes them very compatible IMO.

5. JoeBlack40

The this page http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/ ,System requirements paragraph,see for yourself.

6. JoeBlack40

But why another AV??Emsisoft claimed that their product works ok with all AV...see the link http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/antimalware/ ,as i qoute...

7. JoeBlack40

So,you used it only as on demand scanner?Or i'm wrong?

8. firzen771

they may claim it, but i prefer to be safe than sorry so i stay away from POTENTIAL issues that culd arise, and since A2 is an AV + AS u dont really need another AV...

9. firzen771

no, thats just how A2 works, it doesnt scan on-access, it scans on-execution (meaning it will scan a file when u launch it, not just if the file is sitting ther)

10. JoeBlack40

ok,thank you...i'll try not to messed up things in my laptop...btw,i forgot to mention that i have SAS pro too...no issues with KAV 2010 till now....

11. JoeBlack40

Does that means real time protection?(sorry for my poor knowledge)...

12. firzen771

SAS isnt an AV, A2 is.

scanning on execution is still real-time, just works diff, on execution scans when u launch a program, on access, scans when the file touches ur hard drive even if u dont launch it.

13. progress

progress Guest

It could but it makes no sense :)

14. JoeBlack40

15. JoeBlack40

I guess you're right......don't know,to replace KAV with A2 would be a good idea....o_O

16. firzen771

17. andyman35

Well my primary reason for using A2AM is for the Mamutu component but having another truly real-time scanner alongside it can be useful.With just A2 you'd have to remember to execute or manually scan any files that you're passing onto someone else,otherwise you could be unwittingly giving them malware.

18. JoeBlack40

Thank you everyone for your answers and patience...i'll stick with my current configuration,KAV,SAS pro,Comodo firewall with D+...why searching troubles,anyway.....?;)

19. hello2007

hello2007 Guest

i had avira and avast run together and they had no problems but then downloaded kaspersky to try it out while disabling avira and avast and boom my computer didint even start, it still can't. im sure a square can run with others because i had it for 1 day just to test it out while i had avira and avast with me. I think kaspersky purposely has there product like that to be very unflexible because they dont want any compitition with there product so they want you just to download there product only. Therefore i will not use kaspersky especially after my disaster

20. QBgreen

QBgreen Registered Member

a2's guard scans on writes to the hard drive, or 'on execution'. I've run AntiVir alongside with its guard set to 'scan when reading' only. No conflicts whatsoever. It can work well if the companion anti-malware program to a2 can be set similarly. Sort of a nice one-two punch, IMHO!

21. JoeBlack40

I'm afraid you are right about kaspersky....:)

22. JoeBlack40

Maybe if i'll add A2 to KAV's exclusion list....and viceversa.....o_O

23. andyman35

Just be sure to have a good recovery policy in place in case of any issues.I can only speak for Avira and A2 co-existing well as outlined by QBgreen,the same may not be the case with other products.

24. blacknight

blacknight Registered Member

I'm afraid that this might become the strategy of all the great vendors: to make all-in-one suites not compatible with any other products, so we won't free to do " our " personal security suite.

25. JoeBlack40

As a matter of fact,today i've made a disk image with Paragon Drive backup...so if something goes wrong....no problem....will let you know how it goes...:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.