A square alelrt

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by JerryM, Jan 14, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I am getting, at startup, a warning that just says A2 guard alert. I can't find a place to get it to tell me what it is. There is a light brown out area over two of my folders, My Documents and Win Patrol fiiles.

I scanned both with my AV, and they were clean. When I scan with A2 all is clelan. What is the warning about, and is there a way to discover what it is warning me about? I am using a free version.

Thanks,
    Jerry

2. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

You don't get a Guard with the free version, unless it is a trial. Do you have the resident Guard and if so how long have you been running the prog?

Perhaps it is warning you the Guard is no longer active or about to expire?

Is yours the Beta or ordinary version?

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. Mine is an ordinary version with the license to expire on Feb 10th. I can click the Guard and it shows active, but maybe the expiration date is why it is warning me.
    I am surprised that there is no way to find out what is going on. Does the paid version have a way to help or explain warnings?
    I guess I should go to the site and "read the instructions" before I attempt to do the "some assembly may be required." :D :D

Jerry

4. .....

..... Registered Member

I tested a-sqaured last week. I kept getting this message when i computer started up aswell.

In the end i uninstalled it.

5. TopperID

TopperID Registered Member

Could be it is trying to get you to buy a licence!

Have you tried right or left clicking the balloon to see if you can get some info that way?

I don't use A2 resident myself so I have not experienced this. I wonder if it is just something that happens whilst the Guard is getting active at bootup? KAV does something like this by being greyed out at first, only to become active a few seconds later.

6. .....

..... Registered Member

Well i only had it installed for a few days and uninstalled it after a couple of reboots (comp hardly ever gets rebooted).

It shows a taskbar item saying "A-Squared Alert" and something in the top left of the monitor (although this is nothing but a box... no text etc). This problem however doesnt occur when you start it up manually.

Could well be a bug as until i updated to 1.5.2 (download was 1.5.1 for some reason) nothing happened.

7. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

There is no ballon or other thing to click on. Mine acted the same way, ......

The program seems to be simple, and I have not tried Ewido, as it seems to give problems from posts here.

Jerry

8. .....

..... Registered Member

Ewido ran without to many problems on my system. However it was a bit heavy on the CPU. Maybe its best you try it on your system to see how it runs?

However this is goin a bit off-topic, huh?

9. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

As an expert I show what I am when I ask, What does heavy on the CPU mean?
    Jerry

10. .....

..... Registered Member

When starting an application the CPU usage of ewido would shoot up to around 70% :eek: . It did cause a slight slowdown.

11. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I might have found the reason for the guard alert. My firewall had the guard turned off. I don't know why or how it got that way, but it is now permitted, and I suspect that will fix the problem.

I'll confirm it in a day or so after I get a chance to see what it does.
    Jerry

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

It is still giving the warning. I suspect that it is associated with the free trial,and is wanting to sell the paid version. I like it and plan to get the pay version before the free subscription runs out.

Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.