A small protection question

Discussion in 'SpywareBlaster & Other Forum' started by 1joker1, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1joker1

1joker1 Registered Member

I've installed SpywareBlaster 3.2 and it seems to run OK. But,it does not show up on the list of running processes in the Task Manager nor in Process Explorer. I don't understand how it can be protecting my system if it's not running. Can someone explain? Have I done something wrong? Thanks.

2. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Hey joker,

Here's a link to one of the SpywareBlaster FAQ'a

This link--->Do I have to keep SpywareBlaster running for it to provide protection?
    SpywareBlaster does not need to remain running to provide protection.
    After you enable protection for all items, you can exit the program and you will still be protected.

But don't forget to run SpywareBlaster at least once a week to download the latest updates and enable protection for them!

Also.....here's a quote from a recent post with a similar question.

3. erikguy

erikguy Registered Member

You see Joker, that's the beauty of SWB! It does not need to run in the background at all!! I'm sure you know about the Windows registry right? Then you know that the registry is an integrated part of Windows that does not need to be "started up" with the OS. Microsoft has been known to use kill-bits to close ActiveX security holes in Windows and IE. Well SWB also uses this kill-bit technology to stop bad software from downloading. Because stupid Microsoft (shakes fist in their direction) doesn't care enough about their customers to provide these kill bits it's up to third party companies like Javacool to provide this kick butt software.

4. 1joker1

1joker1 Registered Member

Many thanks for the help, guys. Very clear explanation. Another reason to love Micro$oft - NOT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.