A small (but irritating) question...

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Pigman, Jun 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

How do I change the default action triggered by double-clicking a folder? Currently, when I try to open any folder that isn't on the desktop by double-clicking on it, my action brings up the "find files or folders" window with the folder's name as the search term. On the context menu brought up by right-clicking on the folder, "Find" is in bold instead of "Open" - the default action upon double-clicking a folder is to find things on the HD with the same name. For my own convenience, I would very much like to change the default action to "Open", but I have no idea how to do that. Can anyone help?

(Btw, the OS is Win98 4.10.1998.)

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

You'll need to get into Windows Explorer > View > Options... > File Types tab > scroll down and select "Folder" > Edit... > and choose the option you want to happen by default > click "Set Default" > OK

I have XP so my image will be a bit different than yours, but here's the relative location...

Attached Files:

3. Pigman

Pigman Registered Member

Ah, thanks. Now it's back to normal. (Btw, I had to do the same for "Drive".)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.