A Request Please [a-squared scan engine test]

Discussion in 'other anti-trojan software' started by hayc59, Jul 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

Hi guys,

well I have a little request or plea :). We are currently working on a new version of the a-squared scan engine. To ensure the engine works correctly and doesn't crash we need files - as many files as possible.

We don't want you to submit the files themselves - its enough if you just scan them. Therefore simply run a little command line tool and submit us files where the scanner seems to crash and the dump this little tool creates.

Dump? Yeah ... you read right ... the tool creates a little file collecting several information:

t: 1
    s: 13894
    w: 856a00523c3612c276687bed57455afb
    d: 707f8cec9d111064313d2424a58d1e50

t: 1
    s: 8261
    w: 1238a20d6bd1925720a3b5f02ce44a52
    d: 9b0daf69497475f1d0d7562ae0ab0780

What does that mean? Well ...

t is the time the engine needed internally to parse the whole file. The value is in ms and is always rounded up to the higher value. This information is only available if your computer supports a high performance timer. Most computers should have a high performance timing unit ;).

s is the file size of the parsed file.

w and d are checksums generated using several parts of the file.

We will use that dump to fine tune the engine to ensure a better performance and to find internal bugs that didn't show up in our internal tests.

You can find the little tool at:

http://server.office.i-mat.at/sctest.rar

You can decompress that file with most archive utilities or you can download a trial of WinRAR at http://www.rarlabs.com :).

Just run it and it will parse your whole drive C. If you want it to parse an other directory or drive simply call it with the path to scan as a parameter. For example:

sctest c:\windows

If the scan crashes please submit the file that caused the crash to andreas.haak@emsisoft.com . If you want to support our work of improving the scan engine's performance please submit your scan dump to the same email address. Please be sure you compressed the dump before sending it to reduce it's size :).

2. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

I will help ;)

Regards

3. SSK

SSK Registered Member

Done. Mail underway. :)

4. rdsu

rdsu Registered Member

Mail sent... :p

5. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

yep, I'll do it too :)

6. hayc59

hayc59 Guest

*Thanks Everyone for helpin out!!
    :cool:

7. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

It's working fine here, no prbs at all. a large amount of files were scanned...

only the updater needs some work at my place cause it keeps on getting updated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.