A Quick Hello And Some Help Required

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Phillip_h, Mar 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phillip_h

Phillip_h Registered Member

Hi all

I am frustrated by the fact that after a restore my XP hangs at the loading screen that has a dark blue band at the top and bottom of the screen with a mainly light blue page with the windows logo if i do a repair install i can overcome the problem but this takes some time

I am using ver 10 with an ide drive backed up and restored using the recovery cd method

I am also using DD10 with the oss on another drive "SCSI"

Thanks for any help
    Phil

2. Phillip_h

Does anyone know or are you just not telling :D

3. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

this is a known condition. I suggest you try searching the forum.

I have some vague recollection that this can be caused by a disk signature problem caused by cloning and then rebooting without disconnecting the source drive - but I may be mistaken. Even so you do not appear to have done a clone, so this probably doesn't apply.

Good luck.

F.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Phillip_h,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify if you have backed up/restore the entire hard drive or a system partition only?

Have you restore the image to its original location or to another drive/partition?

As foghorne mentioned, you might experience the same issue as the one described in this thread.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

5. Phillip_h

Hi and thanks for the reply s.

You are correct in that i am restoring to another drive from the one it was backed up from.

I believe that due to numerous drive letter changes that happen when using DD10 has made things go wrong IE it's looking for a wrong drive letter.

I have only been using the True Image for a short while and think is a fabulous program.

I cannot say the same for DD10 and the OSS this is one program that promises so much but can do so much damage it mainly lacks a decent help file instructions. Or some working scenarios/examples.

One fatal error on the oss boot screen i deleted a menu item say for example winxp but what it acually did was to delete the windows folder on that partition with NO WARNING. No wonder it didn't start after. Of course a warning could have popped up saying this and instead i should use "remove from menu"

Rant Over

Phillip

6. Acronis Support

Hello Phillip,

Actually, there is a message, which shows when you choose to delete the operation system from Acronis OS Selector boot menu (check the attached screen shot). As you can see, there is a check box, which allows you to delete all Windows system folders from the hard disk along with deleting Windows from the boot menu.

Additional information can be found in chapter 7.10 "Deleting operating systems from OS Selector boot menu" in the Acronis Disk Director Suite 10.0 User's Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Attached Files:

7. Phillip_h

Thank you Aleksandr Isakov for your reply. I certainly DID NOT GET That Error Message.

Phillip

8. Acronis Support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.